Watering Can vs Weed Spray Bottle

watering slowly , if in soil , don't want to wash all the benne's out of the pot with lots of water 

i use a hand pump sprayer to drench & foliar , you can spray your drench for really slow watering or remove the spray head

which turns it into a extension hose , if ya like , with a little more water depending on how much pressure you build in the container 

you can also feed from the drip tray , bottom up 

even better IMO blumat dripper system 

Edited by itchybromusic

Beauty thanks itchybromusic! Yes a weed spray bottle is being used primarily for the general daily watering then when the system gets a flush through the watering can is used. I'm not too sure why but it's because the watering can is supposed to be "more beneficial"? in ways that it encourages growth to the bottom of the pot. But I would have thought that roots grow down anyway, however not upwards. 

So either use the spray bottle from the top with the nice even coverage or just fill it from the tray at the bottom?

Only the watering can and weed sprayer option avail at this time :P Cheers again!

Nah not in my land of growing , roots grow all the way though a pot if they can 

often they don't grow at the surface of a pot because it's kept to dry

but in nature the soil is always covered with leaves twigs poo all sorts of stuff , so soil is kept moist 

for the benne's to consume that stuff & turn it into soil ,

when a plant can , it grows lots of feeder roots at the surface cos that's where the action is at , plus you have a pot

with lots of soil , makes no sense to only grow root in three quarters of it , bigger the roots as they say

IMO mulch the pot & water slowly from the top , think of how rain would hit the mulch

layer & trickle through to the soil surface even in heavy rain  , the fastest & heaviest 

compaction is done by rain on uncovered soil , just like a watering can on uncovered soil 

you can use feeding from the bottom every now & then to make sure your covering / watering

the whole pot if your only spraying the surface 

by putting little amounts of water in the tray you can watch the water being sucked or wicked into the pot 

or not be wicked if pot is already full , don't let water sit in the tray if it's not being sucked up 

Watering can be fun at times , over watering will hurt your plant more than under watering

under watering can hurt your soil life which will in turn poss hurt your plant , if i had to choose

one or the other to go wrong , i would go with under watering , otherwise consistent moisture

is what you looking for , not dripping wet constantly , roots need air as much as they need water  

i made the assumption TAS was growing organically , poss my mistake 

MT makes a good point if your growing with synth nutes which i don't 

i never worry about PH or flushing with organic growing 

no salts to flush out & the plant & benne's are in charge of PH 

but yeah if growing with non-organic nutes you might want to get some 

more insight from others in that field 

Edited by itchybromusic

Cheers Matanuska and thanks again Itchy for the help.  Then more insight it looks like I'll be needing, When you were talking about the leaf mulch etc I was starting to get a little thrown off track but I thought it was giving an example (which it was as I know about soil moisture and it still made sense) so I ran with it.

Okay so not exactly sure where it's at now. I'm guessing watering can to flush the salts out or should this be every feeding time. At the moment there is a watering can being used once every 4 days (about 2lt each given for flushing) for such then when feeding with nutes etc the spray bottle is used. The ladies involved all have trays underneath. Two are in GEO bags and the other is potted. All in coco. When flushed all the water that comes through to trays gets emptied out.

I just thought I'd add more detail to this as it's turning into a more detailed discussion now other than just Can or Bottle?! :P

Edited by ThatAUStoner

yeah mate sorry but coco's not my thing 

maybe start a thread looking for coco growers to help 

don't know to many coco growers top dressing & mulching lol , diff beast 

unless there got gnats then they might top dress something 

to try & keep the little fuckers out 

sorry i assumed soil growing mate , you need advice for someone who knows what there talkin bout 

unlike me ,

growing soil = very happy to help anytime  

No problems at all itchybromusic! I'll pass that on if soil growth is for future cards. The info is always used no doubt.

Should I just retitle my thread with (coco) in the title? I don't want to be caught spamming the forums!!! :P

Edit: I can't edit the title :/

(Note "Caught")

Edited by ThatAUStoner