420 child abuse

Hey guys

So im a pretty shitty dad..

My plants arnt looking too good and i am just wondering if anyone could give me some constructive criticism :)

They are about 30 days old and have had a rough start to life going through different lights and boxs and soil to coco..

So i can understand they have been under some stress but its been a few weeks and they are slowly getting better but im just not sure if its a " time will heal " kinda type deal or not..

They are all currently in coco with about 30% perlite and are being fed canna a+b - ph 5.8

They are under a 600w hps about 1 foot away from the cool tube hood , ive used my hand above the plants to test the heat and its pretty good

They are in a 1×1×2m tent with the exhaust going straight through ( out the side and out the roof ) no need for my carbon filter yet i thought..

Its hard for me to control the temp/hum as its min is 12.5°c - 10%

And then max 37°c - 56%. But it kinda sits around 27° with 30% when ever i check them. Suggestions?

So if some one could just take a look at the pic and see if they have a better idea of what they need id much appreciate it! :)

Thanks for reading!

post-58638-0-57539200-1469077919_thumb.jpg

What he said.  Plus they look like they've suffered overwatering.

You need to do something about that max temp, and something must be wrong to get that hot at this time of the year.  When you say the exhaust is going straight through, do you mean it's drawing from outside straight through the cooltube and out the other side of the tent, because that would probably explain it.  If you want to do it that way, you need another exhaust fan drawing air through the tent as well.  Personally I just passively intake air into the tent and draw it out from inside the tent through a filter then the cool tube to outside the tent, does the job nicely.  I also use a fan speed controller to adjust draw depending on ambient temperatures, got it at low speed this time of year.

Jester - coco plus+ its not the brick kind its just a 20l bag and its really light/fine

Sir - thats exactly what i mean haha , i have a intake fan just bringing fresh/cool air into the bottom but thats it.

Is there a way i could change the set up so i dont need to buy anything new? Like instead of going straight through maybe have it just open in the tent with out the carbon filter on? Or just put the carbon filter back on anyway? ( i did have it set up like that but thought it was getting too cool ? )

You need to have fresh air ducted into the bottom of the tent, I put mesh over the end of the ducting I use to stop insects getting in.  Then you want a proper exhaust fan sucking air through a carbon filter, not needed for smell until flowering but it's easier to set it up from the start than fucking about with established plants in the tent.  So duct from filter to cool tube, then duct from tube to fan which can be either in or out of the tent, and duct to outside.  That sucks fresh cool air in the bottom of the tent, sucks the stale hot air from up top in the tent over the globe in the cool tube to cool it, and exhausts it out of the room.  You can also put an intake fan on the inlet duct but I've never found that necessary.  Or you can do what I said except take the cool tube out of that system and put a separate fan and duct on it which intakes and exhausts both outside the tent, but again I've never found that necessary so I keep it simple.  However you do it is up to you, so long as you have good enough air exchange in your tent.  If you are exchanging too much air so it is too cold in the tent the only thing you can do is get a fan speed controller to dial the speed down.

Hope that makes sense and helps

Edit:  other low temp fix is run the cool tube separate but without cooling it, so just like an uncooled light shade.

Edited by Sir PsychoHashy

Sir - makes perfect sense! Ill get onto that when i finish work tomorrow , cant believe i didnt think of that really haha thanks heaps mate , ill run the carbon filter againa and turn it down to keep some warmth in while i have the cool air intake at the buttom!

This has taken a massive weight off my shoulders haha

So all in all do you think that will solve the plant problem? Like its just heat/air problems?

Couldnt wait till tomorrow so ill be having a late one tonight haha i just changed it over.

Should solve the heat problem but itll make the humidity go down , i spray water around the walls and floor as well has a wet spounge , is there any other option besides a humidifier?

Or does low humidity at this age/veg not really matter?

What he said. Plus they look like they've suffered overwatering.

I was feeding them when ever they got light/dry but yesterday i started a new system that some guy on YouTube says is a need and its feeding them atleast once daily? True - not true i dont know but he allways does it ( coco watering guide )

Couldnt wait till tomorrow so ill be having a late one tonight haha i just changed it over.

Should solve the heat problem but itll make the humidity go down , i spray water around the walls and floor as well has a wet spounge , is there any other option besides a humidifier?

Or does low humidity at this age/veg not really matter?

you have a bit going on but agree with hashy re over watering , can be the start of many diff probs

watering once daily could be correct but all based on the size of the root system your watering 

You can try adding humidity via a container with water & a hand towel or something hanging in it that will

wick the water up & keep it wet , open towel or whatever you use for max surface area , if not getting humidity

high enough point a fan at the towel & see how ya go with that, use something that wicks well , don't spray

walls i reckon

humidity is important for transpiration , it's quite full on if you wanna research VPD Vapour Pressure Deficit , i'm no expert but

consider humidity has allot to do with plant plumbing & efficiently moving liquid from the soil though the plant & out the leaves

matching humidity & temp with calculations of leaf surface temp , room temp & some other things , will help to promote plant

health & enable the plant to up take more = feed more = grow more 

Thanks itchy ,

Ive out a few tubs of water with some wicks and its improved a bit ill see how it goes over night , i do believe the low humidity was doing some damage your right.

Im really not sure on the over watering thing.

So many people have different advise haha so when i research and try the best thing i find and it doesnt work i get so lost.

They look alot better today and dont sagg as much so its making me feel better. I guess its all trial and error, ill go back to feeding when they are dry instead of daily

Thanks for your imput i appreciate it!

Edited by dopedaddy