Boveda Question

Hi all , just wondering about this Boveda, its new to me, & comes with no instructions.....my question is.......if you had well over dry herbs, & you placed a Boveda pak in a big jar , put say 20 grms of very dry herb with it , then sealed the jar, would you expect the 20 grms to gain a small amount of weight  or is it better used to reduce moisture, & guard against mould ??

Nutter

its perfect for over dry bud. It will put the required moisture back into the bud which in turn increases the weight, The system is developed to keep bud at perfect moisture for curing and prevent the loss terpenes

You will find that the aromas and flavours in your bud improve. I do find that a decent sealing plastic storage container from the kitchen section of kmart, big w, bunnings, masters, etc etc etc. The Decor ones or the ones like the Decor, that have the lockable lid and rubber/silicone gasket work the best, as jars tend to slowly seep the outside environment in to the jar unless you have the Ball/Mason Jars with the 2 piece lids made for canning and preserving. 

Edited by Naked Monk

It does take a while to put moisture back in ,that's by my experience though.

For brittle dry buds I put them in a sealed container with a damp tissue ( non perfumed) .

Once they're at the right moisture content .the good smell and flavour comes back.

I find boveda packs work slowly if they're put with bud that's way too dry or way too wet. (Well i wouldn't put real wet dope in a jar anyway)

I find It's better to get your dope to what you think is good and usable then put the boveda with it.

It also helps to have a small humidity and temp gauge like the photo

post-57984-0-89191700-1468914135_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Serrated edge

It does take a while to put moisture back in ,that's by my experience though.

For brittle dry buds I put them in a sealed container with a damp tissue ( non perfumed) .

Once they're at the right moisture content .the good smell and flavour comes back.

I find boveda packs work slowly if they're put with bud that's way too dry or way too wet. (Well i wouldn't put real wet dope in a jar anyway)

I find It's better to get your dope to what you think is good and usable then put the boveda with it.

It also helps to have a small humidity and temp gauge like the photo

I will agree with that 100%, they are slow if your bud is extreme on either side, I usually just pinch a couple popcorn buds from my grow to re-moisturize extremely dry buds. Never tried the tissue issue, but I would think you would have better luck with paper towel than tissue, being tissue is extremely brittle when wet or damp, any thoughts on that?

I will agree with that 100%, they are slow if your bud is extreme on either side, I usually just pinch a couple popcorn buds from my grow to re-moisturize extremely dry buds. Never tried the tissue issue, but I would think you would have better luck with paper towel than tissue, being tissue is extremely brittle when wet or damp, any thoughts on that?

Yep paper towel is better ,it won't fall apart ,.

I've used a spray bottle for large amounts , once the lid is on the moisture just spreads through .

That can take all night or just an hour or two .

Just gotta go easy on how much you put on them ,if too much ,naturally you've gotta go through drying it down till it's right..

But as you said naked ,a bit of fresh bud should leach moisture out into the drier stuff.

I really hate having to dry dope in really hot weather.