:blink: dead babies peat moss recipe help

New seedling planted around 1 week and a half ago yellowing pigment and shrivel of leaves severe where plant seedling changed dramatically overnight. Suspected nute lock up ph testing was done results were of no less then 8.0 alkalinity shocking results am using amgrow pot and shrub mixture does have slow releasing ferts!! Needing some help in making a complete new soil mixture. For burnt babies! Prefering a peat moss recipe H.E.L.P.? :peace:

my current grow is under a 400watt hps and im growing in soil....

have had sorta the same problem as u have BUT have been able to get the babies kicking again :thumbsup

just give them a a quick shower, making sure the water isnt on too hard otherwise will just tear the babies to bits :thumbdown and keep an eye on the colour of water coming out the bottom....

my last 2 waters have been from the shower, they love it heaps + flushing the soil out is always a good thing, especially if thats whats happening to your plants...

just make sure that u get the water fairly close to clear when its coming out the bottom then let the water drain from the pot b4 putting back in the grow area and everything should kick back nicely for ya lol

OR i would head down to ur local nursery and ask them for a high grade soil or if u have the time, make ur own :peace:

oh and cannabis likes to be around 6.5pH, 8.0pH and no wonder they are turning yellow...

flushing with your shower will tend to leave your soil with a higher ph than you want as tapwater ph tends to be a bit high , I fill a bathtub and then adjust the ph level of that water, then I use a bucket to flush my girls with the ph adjusted water , if you decide to use the shower method , I sugest you flush with some ph adjusted water aswell at the end so you stabilise the ph of the soil to what you want

plant will be fine though they bounce back pretty well they are a weed after all

hope that helps :peace:

Heil..Yea I had personally thought of that .. since i've also had kept alot of fish and tanks etc around my house and my tests on local tap water were extremely alkaline. :( I had been previously condensing my water by leaving an open bucket outside for 24 hrs and feeding the plants occaisonally as i had been using vermiculite.. which brings tap water to neutral and works well with mexican walking fish that aside.. as an update to my last grow they all died as i thought it was extremely pointless with the potting soils i have been using the ferts are just killers .. and its not worth the end smokability. :thumbdown ... I have seeds from previous sessions .. I am researching in some more topsoil ideas as yet, or a small hydro setup might be sweet. :smoke

.Cheers for the replies and info.