Missing seeds

Hi all,  im wondering what happens to seed orders that dont make it to you

I assume they get picked up by customs, but then what,  does your name go on a list,  is there any futher action taken,  should you in anyway be concerned!!

i just tried a new UK based bank & nope   they say its insured & will resend, has any one ever been notifided that there package has been detected??

Nutter

So how many seeds is a few, it was about a dozen

its hard to imagine how the cops ,Feds ,whoever,could justify the cost in man hours for a basically petty offence .(yeh importation can be very serious but all things in perspective).and what's going to happen? Probably a slap on the wrist. Of course if you've got a big mouth an tell everyone what your doing,and someone informs on you the cops have no choice but to act.Also as for seeds not arriving well over my years I've come across a lot of hot shit for sale ,I use to work behind the bar, all sorts of thing from the docks ,this particular guy had anything from jeans to dildos for sale ,another guy working at the airport always had similar shit for sale.Weve all met guy like them ,and they're everywhere.most the time they don't even know what's in the package but still take it if the opportunity arises.anyway when I hear about seeds not arriving I can't help but to think they could have been stolen.It would be a big headfuck to go through that situation though.so hang in there nutter they still might arrive. Edited by Serrated edge

Thx for that Edge, but things dont look good....After the time had lapsed i contacted Mr Herbie & he resent, but again no tracking numba  (strange), he also said that if these didnt get thru, there would be no futher resends!!!!   its now been over 2 weeks scince the resend & nothing.......... Even more suspicious is that i took advantage of a special deal & after the inital order, i placed another 3 days later, so all up that makes 4 lots, the resends were posted days apart  (apparently)............Yes we all know the risk were taking,    but nothing from  FOUR   (as Yet)

My usual bank always provides a tracking numba & ive never missed with them,  1 order from them did take over 3 weeks but sum how it ended up being scanned in  Oharre Chicago, but  still made it here.......So why change banks??   trying to take advantage of a  good deal.........The GRASS isnt always greener on the other side of the fence

Nutter

Thx for that Edge, but things dont look good....After the time had lapsed i contacted Mr Herbie & he resent, but again no tracking numba  (strange), he also said that if these didnt get thru, there would be no futher resends!!!!   its now been over 2 weeks scince the resend & nothing.......... Even more suspicious is that i took advantage of a special deal & after the inital order, i placed another 3 days later, so all up that makes 4 lots, the resends were posted days apart  (apparently)............Yes we all know the risk were taking,    but nothing from  FOUR   (as Yet)

My usual bank always provides a tracking numba & ive never missed with them,  1 order from them did take over 3 weeks but sum how it ended up being scanned in  Oharre Chicago, but  still made it here.......So why change banks??   trying to take advantage of a  good deal.........The GRASS isnt always greener on the other side of the fence

Nutter

I'm with DM on this, I'm 3 from 3 with Herbies, and have always been very happy with their service standards.  It's a lottery man, and the risk level varies from state to state, with QLD and WA being the worst for intercepts.  Sure, workers stealing shit probably does happen, and customs officers doing their jobs successfully happens as well, but either way we can't reasonably hold any seedbank responsible for those things happening when we are looking to illegally import something.

As for the no tracking number, Herbies is of the belief that more packages get through without tracking numbers, and they told me that is based on their experience, and they should know.  The fact that they care enough to pay attention to things like that when they know we are breaking the law speaks volumes for their great attitude towards customers.  From memory you have the right to insist on a postal method with a tracking number.

And unlike some others, I see seed importation as a risky and serious thing to do, and am of the belief that our courts would be likely to want to punish hard for it.  I would like to think that in most cases of a small number of beans that the Feds wouldn't bother chasing it up, but there have been a few cases where they have.

If you want to mitigate your risks, go with Bonza's Buddy delivery.  It costs extra, but my understanding is that there is a limited number of resends, so it's not fully guaranteed.  It would also appear that a couple of members may have had problems of one sort or another with Bonza as well.

• Upvote 1