Early chop

Beautiful plant GreenReaper :thumbsup:  Mold bites.  Looks like you'lll be right though...plenty left on her :D

wonder how an h2o2 wash would go??/  would it clean em up?  Might be too far spread before the buds dry maybe...  Maybe if you carved it out and then dried and put through some sort of bath ie Crow's bud bathing?  all the best GR and nice plant for sure!

Faith :sun:

Beautiful plant GreenReaper :thumbsup:  Mold bites.  Looks like you'lll be right though...plenty left on her :D

wonder how an h2o2 wash would go??/  would it clean em up?  Might be too far spread before the buds dry maybe...  Maybe if you carved it out and then dried and put through some sort of bath ie Crow's bud bathing?  all the best GR and nice plant for sure!

Faith :sun:

Cheers Faith, I didn't think it was worth fapfing around with. I opened it up and spilled 22 mature beans, turned the rest into compost. Assuming it makes it to maturity, there's plenty there.

I had a couple of branches snap from strong wind over the weekend. They're trimmed and drying, so all good.

nice plant, make sure you keep a good eye out for any more signs of rot...

there have been some bad cases i have seen on here this season and it seems to happen very quickly. 

Thanks Mr. Goat. I gave her a good look over this morning and couldn't find any more. I'll keep my peepers peeped, 2 more weeks should pull it up.

Fark! Very nice buds. Check your biggest ones theyre usually the ones that get it first unfortunately.

Thanks GBG, the big ones are all good. This particular one was the only one I could find. I will keep looking. Nothing worse than wasting good herbs.

a sign that there may be trouble is when a random sugar (big) leaf falls off,

do a search for bud rot- there have been a few posts on it this season (and picts on what to look for)

if there is any doubt (if you are getting mould/rot) take the plant early rather than letting it go longer, something to smoke is better than nothing to smoke

Edited by Matanuska Thunder
  • Upvote 1

Hey Reaper,

That discoloured patch is a sure sign of something happening within. What has happened id that the mould has eaten thru the phloem (feed route) of the stem feeding that part of the bud and it has died. Again I'd have to agree with the advise given, clip and remove carefully. Now, that mould has allowed the stem to weep. When you clip, again the stem will weep, but be sure that when its clipped that weeping site is exposed to the air so that it dries out. Some people clip too close to other bud sites and that weeping encourages further mould to develop and DO NOT OPEN THE BUD UP, well not within any proximity to the plant. As it's opened the spores are released and if near the plant other buds are at risk from these spores.

+1 Mata, "...a sign that there may be trouble is when a random sugar (big) leaf falls off,..." or shrivels up and goes crunchie whilst still green. When the plant uses all the leafs resources, the leaf turns yellow. If a leaf is dying but still has its green the plant hasn't been able to use all those resources. Why? cos something has damaged the feed route.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1