CFL question

If u want to do it on cheap just get an old double flouresant light the little short ones abd go to yoyr nearest petshop and buy a fluorescent light with a decent spektrum cheap efficient. I been using 20 +years and still believe it works better than all the new fancy shit .u have to remember its a weed and a very strong vigourous one at that .even a couple of cool white flouros will do the job as u aint actually growing any vegetation u are growing roots and as soon as u see roots at botom or sides of wool blocks or what ever u r using its time for grow chamber
  • Upvote 1

When i say pet shop i meant aquarium shop .they will have exactly what u need at half price of normal.just look around at fish tanks and u will see what i mean plenty spekrums to choose from

Better still A pet shop that specializes in reptiles

Would this do the job

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Exo-Terra-Repti-Glo-Compact-2-0-26w-Natural-Light-/271950952097?hash=item3f518a36a1:g:FaAAAOSwHnFVxEZL

• Upvote 1

Will probably go with what billygoat suggested, in a bit of a rush to make things happen thats why was looking at the CFL.

Have modified an old 3ft diameter rainwater tank to run a 400, wanna get some little ones going to try her out.

Thanks for all the sugestions.

Take it from the junkyard worth of old shitty grow equipment I have in the back shed when I say take a day or two off to work out your dream system for where you're living now and then make it happen.  If you don't you too will begin amassing a collection of bullshit you'll never use and be too scared to throw out in the regular trash.  You'll tell yourself it's good to have spare bulbs, backup tents in case you tear one, etc. but you'll grow into a hoarder of unused grow equipment unless you go with what you truly want now because in the long run you're going to make it happen anyway.

• Upvote 1

Take it from the junkyard worth of old shitty grow equipment I have in the back shed when I say take a day or two off to work out your dream system for where you're living now and then make it happen.  If you don't you too will begin amassing a collection of bullshit you'll never use and be too scared to throw out in the regular trash.  You'll tell yourself it's good to have spare bulbs, backup tents in case you tear one, etc. but you'll grow into a hoarder of unused grow equipment unless you go with what you truly want now because in the long run you're going to make it happen anyway.

Have already been there done that, been growing for 30+ years. Have had a run of bad luck, had a gun point home invasion and crop rip, one was a bit slow leaving so started giving him a thumping the one with a gunfired warning shots for me to stop, which bought the cops they took everything else, my seeds, photo albums and anything to do with growing. Because of burns, PTSD and ADHD only allowed to work 15hours a week, try finding a job with that resume.

So weed is my medicine(10 tablets a day with no weed) and choice of recreational drug as well, really need to get something happening as soon as possible not after the best or latest equipment just what can do the job for the cheapest price. Have a ten year plan to get set up back to ware it was.

Was thinking of putting an AD in the classifieds to try and buy some 2nd hand stuff, but would still have trouble scraping up the cash yo do that.

Edited by mogroith