Cannabis to stay illegal in Queensland

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/cannabis-to-stay-illegal-in-queensland-cameron-dick-20160301-gn7li9.html

Any prospect of marijuana being decriminalised in Queensland is still a long way off, the state's health minister says.

Cameron Dick's comments come after the government this week released draft legislation that could allow doctors to prescribe medicinal cannabis by the end of the year.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/content/dam/images/g/k/r/4/w/z/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.gn7li9.png/1456812038436.jpg

Health Minister Cameron Dick has left the door open for marijuana to be legalised in Queensland ... eventually.

Although focused on medical treatment and not wider use, Mr Dick did leave the door open for decriminalisation eventually.

"Let's let people use it for medicinal purposes and then if something good comes out of that, which I know it will, then maybe we can look at those things down the track," Mr Dick told Triple M Radio on Tuesday.

However, he later clarified his comments to emphasise the government had no current plans to look at decriminalisation.

"It is still a narcotic," he said.

"If it is not properly regulated, it can cause harm to people, but we do know there are benefits for some patients in using medicinal cannabis."

There will be a month-long consultation process and the legislation is expected to be introduced into parliament around April or May.

Mr Dick said he hoped it would pass by the end of 2016.

Edited by lookinggoodguys
  • Upvote 1

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/cannabis-to-stay-illegal-in-queensland-cameron-dick-20160301-gn7li9.html

Any prospect of marijuana being decriminalised in Queensland is still a long way off, the state's health minister says.

Cameron Dick's comments come after the government this week released draft legislation that could allow doctors to prescribe medicinal cannabis by the end of the year.

However, he later clarified his comments to emphasise the government had no current plans to look at decriminalisation.

"If it is not properly regulated, it can cause harm to people, but we do know there are benefits for some patients in using medicinal cannabis."

Harm? What fucking harm? I'll show him the harm I will cause when I don't have it and my ADHD makes me going fucking mental! 

I would love to ask this Dick what harm he is talking about compared to drinking, cough syrup and other pharmacy drugs. Like how Meth got renamed for adderall for ADHD treatment - yeah thats legal and "OK" for me to take and drive on because I got a script right?!

fuck my life!

Yes prescription meth is fine because part of your prescription purchase goes directly to the government and the rest goes to the company that bribes the government.. This is how laws are made. 

Too bad for them that its my body and I shall choose what to put in it and what I deem OK to treat anything I have. :D lol 

I got it in writing from a cop that I am ok to drive on Dexies coz I have a script - great road safety there lol 

Yeah too right.. Just gives me more motivation to grow and say Fk you to the government.  This medical MJ legalization is a load of crap.. All smoke and mirrors while they stall and look for synthetic versions they can market in a pill.  I just don't see the point in all this... Why cant there be one massive trial to find out if POT is harmful to Adults.. We don't need trials to see if it works for this or for that. If its not harmful then who cares, let adults take it and try it for whatever medical reason they desire if its not going to harm them.

This is all because of 1 fucking asshole who invented plastics in a time when Hemp was being used for almost everything. MR Dupont

He funded the movie reefer madness in 1936 and bribed the government of the time to start prohibition against cannabis.

The plastics industry was born and Mr Dupont's family is still one of the wealthiest families in history.

Just goes to show what money can change the course of history if you have enough and know the right people.

"Let's let people use it for medicinal purposes and then if something good comes out of that, which I know it will, then maybe we can look at those things down the track," Mr Dick told Triple M Radio on Tuesday.

Medicinal cannabis should have nothing to do with the recreational side of things and relying on the expected results before even coming up with a plan to look at decriminalisation is basically a big fuck you to everyone who is caught between now and when you feel it's politically advantageous to finally stop treating us like criminals.

If you look at the Federal legislation that's been passed, and also the general direction that State based rhetoric seems to be leaning towards, it appears to my untrained and cynical eye that it's all designed to have big corporate interests running the grow side, and big pharma the supply.  On that basis there will be a vested interest for these entities, and the government parties that they bribe, sorry I mean make "political donations" to, to keep any competition from potentially eating into their monopolies.  Or in other words, growing and/or consumption of any raw cannabis will remain illegal, and possibly more so.

I'm actually starting to see the current medicinal canna direction in Australia as being a barrier to further progress, I just hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 3

I don't think they're ever going to make it legal to produce your own here. The government can see way too many dollar signs to possibly allow adults to cheaply produce their own medicine. They'll want to be in control from seed to end-product. I love Australia, but sometimes this country is so backwards in its thinking.
  • Upvote 1

I don't think they're ever going to make it legal to produce your own here. The government can see way too many dollar signs to possibly allow adults to cheaply produce their own medicine. They'll want to be in control from seed to end-product. I love Australia, but sometimes this country is so backwards in its thinking.

This is so true ... I'm honestly thinking of moving to Cali in a couple of years if it stays the same...

Edited by HippyTurtles
  • Upvote 2