My Jungle Garden

crow

Hey Stoners :bongon:

For those who have followed my grows for the last two seasons, you will know I put a fair bit of time and work in my garden.

Spring before last (2014) I had to justify my time in the garden which I did by creating my pool jungle garden.

It has flourished and has now developed to the point where I've been able to get an understory of some of my favourite fragrant plants...

Gardenia, ginger, daphne, lilius, cestrum nocturnum, lonicera fragrantissima, trachelospermum (chinese star jasmine), heliotrope cherry pie to name a few.

There is only one plant from my old garden that survived the pool installation and that was the lonicera.  Everything else has been planted since start of September 2014 - one and half years ago.

I think it can be safely said I am well on my way to achieving my dream jungle garden.  Unfortunately it wasn't a wise choice for such a snakey locality lol

Before September 2014                                                                                                                          After February 2016

med_gallery_51352_1582_99691.jpg   med_gallery_51352_1582_70506.jpg

med_gallery_51352_1582_149830.jpg     med_gallery_51352_1582_115109.jpg  

• Upvote 5

very cool garden, i love the banana trees, never really thought of them as an ornamental but they look right at home in that jungle. just awesome

Cheers FIWH - the banana is supposed to be a dwarf cavendish lol  The base of the main trunk is enormous - I'm a little worried it's a bit big for it's location lol