what size grow tent should i get ?

twisted

Hi all, Im new to indoor growing and would like to start cause im running low from my last outdoors grow and no longer have the opportunity to grow outside, I do however own my own home so I don't need to worry about nosy landlords or neighbours as I don't have any close, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend what size grow tent I should get and what lighting I will need?  id like to grow hopefully about 2lb a year and I will be growing an indica strain, I will most likely be growing in a coco mix and hand watering, any advice would be much appreciated cheers

Yeah it depends what lighting you will use.

In a tent you will get better use of the light but you have to control temps more.  I have 1.2 x 1.2  x 2 m tent. Perfect for 600-1000w

Generally you can grow 1 gram per what of light but that is optimal. If you get anywhere near that your doing ok.

If you want two pounds in one grow  i would get a bigger tent and 2 x 600w

I was thinking it might be easier for me to start in a tent and then when ive got the hang of things maybe I could upgrade to a whole room, also I don't have heaps of cash I could probly get $1500 -$2000 together to spend on it, and I would prefer to do 1 grow a year in winter

My total setup setup cost me around $500

Your budget is plenty.  Just my opinion but you probably want a 2m x 2m tent and at least 2 x 600w lights,  A big ass carbon filter and some quality inline fans.. You should be able to get everything you need to grow for less than $1500