• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Gnat Infestation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

XtroFlo

XtroFlo

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Posts:
  • Interests:Greenhouse Technology, Canna Consultancy, CannaBiz, Extraction, Canna Automation
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Full Spectrum LED, sun

I had a bad case of gnat infestation before, this time round, I've used diatomaceous earth in the coco, top-dressed with clay balls,

followed by neem soil drench and chilli spray every alternate days, seems to work well.

Edited by XtroFlo, 16 February 2016 - 02:02 AM.

Medicate, meditate, educate, regulate, don't be afraid.....It's Herb of Life ~

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

The Jackel

The Jackel

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Thought I would add my experiences here.. 

I tried a few methods to removes these little buggers.. I have almost won the battle.. 

I suggest to first consider where the medium is coming from, if its stored outdoors then there's a good chance that it will be infested..Also having a clean area where you grow is vital.

I have tried eco oil ( neem based ), letting the pot dry right out consecutively, the potatoes and many recipes to remove these little bastards. nothing seemed to work.. 

All I can suggest at this stage is go and buy some tobacco sauce an mix it 2 tsp per litre and drench the medium.. make sure you bang the shit out of the pot to get them all out from the sides and just stand guard for a little while to kill the little fuckers. the yellow traps help too.. if you have stones or balls or anything in the bottom to help with drainage then you need to also soak the bottom too.. at one stage I was adding non antibacterial dish soap and sesame oil but I think that was over kill.. 

A bit of food for thought... the local hydro store suggested to look into ethanol based products which made me think.. some isopropyl and water mixed to gather as a soak might just kill them adults, larvae and eggs..  mine have almost gone but someone who is still invested could try this and post back here..

Does anyone know what alcohol based products do to the ladies? 

Ozzy420

Ozzy420

Cannabis Connoisseur.

• 420 Crew
  • 10143 Posts:
  • Interests:Serviving
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 150w for Veg. 400w for Flower.

One thing that i know that dose take the lil fukers out is scarid 10.

Most of the time the eco neem dose the trick for me but some times they are like the borg and u have to get nasty on there ass so out comes the scarid 10 and all ways seems to win the battle...

Cheers
ozzy420

Cannabis Connoisseur

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

General Cultivation Q&A

jaikai: couldnt run a choko vine over a shithouse ffs...

The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.

Dealing of cannabis/marijuana is strictly prohibited on this site.

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.