Canberra - growing and advise on dosage

Aussieau

Question

Hi guys/girls,

New to the forum, old to the world of cannabis lol. Just a quick background then if anyone can offer any advise I'm all ears!

Just moved to the ACT from WA due to my father being diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemo which isn't going down to well(ended up in hospital for 10 days due to severe reactions) now my dad is as straight as they come but he is that sick he has asked me to locate some cannabis to help him with his symptoms. Unfortunately as I've just moved here from Western Australia I don't know anyone to be able to pop over and grab some stuff for him. So what I've done is bring some seeds back with me from WA, I've done a little research but my knowledge of growing is very small, is there a common amount of time it would take from seed to weed? As in roughly how long it would take to be able to have some usable product so I can make canna butter etc? Inside and or outside is it the same amount of time? Is there anyway of speeding up the process? I don't particularly want to wait 3 months or more to be able to help my dad so is there any quick ways?

Finally I purchased a magic butter machine to be able to turn the cannabis into a product my father would consume(smoking a joint or bong would be too hard for him to get his head around I think) I've read plenty of different info but is there any standard amount per stick of butter you would use for a chemo patient? As I've really only used a bong or vapouriser I'm not sure on how much I should be adding and the info on the net is anything from a quarter to 2 ounces per stick?

Thanks for any help you can offer, it would make it a lot easier if I was from the area I think so my only option is to grow so if there is any special tricks or anything I should know growing in Canberra please let me know. I would hate to have the first harvest go to crap or not work or something when my dads pretty much relying on it to help him get through

Thanks

Steve

Thanks Stanley, yeah i priced a set up at the local store, for light and tent but growing in soil not hydro plus everything else needed bar the seeds (which I have) as the guy said for a newbie I'm better off just using soil (well his special soil?) and all up it was around $1000 and that was with a 600w light and air filter etc combined in the tent.

Whether that's a good price or not I'm not sure and I'm also unsure whether to go the soil route and what benefits the hydro v soil is under lights indoor?

I used the magic butter 2 machine and was very impressed with how it works although the bud I acquired hadn't been cured properly I believe and I didn't leave in the oven long enough to turn the thca into thc so the cookies I made haven't had the exact effect I wanted(more of a sleeping pill after waiting too long, so longer decarb next time I think) I also needed so much butter just to bring the magic butter machine up to minimum level I think I needed a lot more bud than I purchased (namely because I didn't know if I was going to get ripped off, contacted the guy again thinking I've got a contact now and no go, he is working again now and doesn't sell! Just my bloody luck)

And yeah I have a pretty horrible back injury from my time in the army, I'm currently on a rediculous amount of opiate pain medicine and whilst living in California I had a medical weed card and was able to reduce the amount of pain meds by 70% when I had access to good medical cannabis , unfortunately I think I'm going to have to grow my own to get a regular supply for both myself and my dad .... So other than the few seeds i put outside i think I'm going to have to give up looking for it and fork out the cash to get the set up to grow my own

Yeah was quite amazed naycha the guy was persistent even when I caught him out with the currency conversion etc. desperate times call for desperate measures but I ain't silly enough to send cash anywhere without the stuff in my hand, even then there is a big enough risk when u don't know the person and it's a Craigslist add! Let me tell u I was half expecting to end up in hospital with my wallet and car gone! Luckily it didn't happen that way just unlucky the person couldn't be a regular hook up

Could always veg indoors, flower out. Keep your first grows costs down, all you will need is a cupboard, panda film, cfl lighting and a couple of fans. (Plants and nutes aswell, ofcourse...)Advantage of this is the opportunity to pre-flower indoors, so you only put the ladies outside to complete the growth cycle. If all goes well, you should be planting outside in four to five weeks. Best of luck, with whatever you decide, and I hope your father is doing well. Edited by burner

What can I say, the unfortunate reality in this country is that if you want medicinal quality (or recreational for that matter) cannabis, you basically have to grow your own, unless you are lucky enough to know a small scale commercial grower who grows it properly, and you're not likely to bump into one of them in the pub.  Finding a dealer won't really solve your problem as most of the commercially available stuff is immature, unflushed, PGR hydro shite, counterproductive for medicinal use, and unhealthy and unpleasant for rec use.  You'll be sweet in 4 months if you start now, but in the meantime you're up shit creek.

The above mentioned hobby farmers aren't going to advertise online, they don't need to as they can easily turn over all their product to people they already know and trust.  I wouldn't trust anyone dealing online, you might get lucky, but more likely not.  Best you can hope for is to ask around for bush weed, quality and supply can be very inconsistent, but if you can find it it should be a healthier and better option than that hydro shite.

Wish I could give you more positive news than that, but I can't.  Grab some gear and post a grow diary on here, and you'll get plenty of advice and assistance.  Nothing wrong with soil grows, but you have to know your soils to make a good one that's well suited to canna.  That guys soil might be good, but it might not.  There are soil growers on here who could help you put together a good soil mix.  Only soil recommendation I can give is to stay away from cheap potting mix, and that I have done grows in a mix of Searles Premium Potting Mix, with coco (proper hydro prepped stuff, not the Bunnings crap) and perlite, but I did feed that with coco nutrients.  I personally believe you would be better off using coco/perlite indoors as a beginner, so long as you are prepared to splash out the cash for good coco and proper coco nutrients.  Plenty of grows on here using coco for you to use as a starting guide, and it works pretty close to as well as any other hydroponic method, but with a simpler setup.  3 week veg and into flower, and you've got fresh quality buds in 4 months or less.

Burner's veg inside, flower out would work, but not for much longer in Canberra as it will get too cold for them by mid May.  Certainly a great idea for any excess females you end up with.

A grand for a starter setup is cheap, unless it's crap quality gear, avoid Growlush products, and I would see that as a minimum.  I recently forked out about 1500 just replacing a couple of bits and on consumables for another years growing, so it's not cheap, but if you break it down into dollars per gram over time it is very cheap, so.........

Best of luck, and hope you can sort something out quickly enough

• Upvote 1

:good:

What can I say, 

:twiddle:

Heaps apparently..............j/k lol

SPH + 1.000.000

Love your work mate......Seriously

Yo Aus.............

Check out some "Grow Diaries" on this site and analyse them...Then make a decision....

Based on real grows....."Ups and Downs of my first grow"..... <<< That sort of stuff

Scan the crap out of them ..... Then make a conscientious decision based primarily on alleged fact..... 

^ Sorry about that.....But SPH would have said that.   lol

• Upvote 1