Hi-PAR ballasts

can i ask you fellas to have a look at what amps the ballast and lights pull. as i cant find much info on the amps for 240volts. from what i can work out from the 120 volts and so on that its using around 1.4 amps is that correct. and if anyone is thinking of buying any of these new ballasts just hold on for a while im experimenting with one soon to see if they are the real deal. if they are i get a mate to import a heap and and get another mate to sell them for me on ebay or gumtree or something. they will be as cheap as chips if they work  i can buy them for 60 bucks just nneed to wait and see how much the import will cost. to add that to the 60 bucks. so hold on dont buy any just yet.

gday again all i have been in contact with the company that makes solistek ballasts so at least we know they are a good genuine company.

they have the 315 watt ballasts. the phillips elite agro light for around 100 bucks u.s i think it is for a minimum order of 4. i am trying to get them to put the e40 to pgz 18 adapter in it as well. it wont cost much more.

then it will depend on shipping and import fees but i cant see it adding up to anywhere near 750 bucks.

will let you all know real soon about that kit.

i have also been talking to another company who have s.a.a aproval and all other australian safety certificates already done who make a similar kit. but im not sure if they are as good a company as the ones who make solistek.

these things for i think 150 bucks look exactly like the dpaps billy and another one looks similar to dimlux i think it is.

have a good one all be back when i hear some more price info should be monday if i get time to post on here for you all.

• Upvote 1

The bulbs are nearly that much on their own normally

yes i know mate we get way overcharged here in aus.

my mate just got the quote back for the 315 watt ballast not the high par but these ballasts are made from the same company that make solistek.

ballast =  $46 u.s bucks with c tick or $35 u.s bucks without c tick.

does c tick cover us i have looked at so much info lately i cant remember haha i think it does

lamp    =  $36 u.s bucks

waiting to hear how much for the e40 to pgz18 adapter im tipping maybe 5 bucks haha.

terrible what they charge us isnt it mate.

my mate even found a gavita brand 600 watt de lamp for cheap as chips.

Edited by grow for me

I would advise you to be sure you know exactly what your getting. I can't find these lamps for anything under 78USD

It sounds a little to good to be true.

The only place I found offering better prices was some Chinese joint on alibaba. The 4 unit minimum sounded familiar.

The lamps offered with the unit were not phillips elite agro lamps but phillips tmw lamps which have no outer casing to protect against violent failures and as such aren't rated for open reflectors.

I would also be questionin the ballast.

Make sure you are getting

- ballasts that run on 240v

- square wave ballasts not just ordinary digital ballasts. (Just because a ballast will fire up and run a light doesn't mean it's the correct ballast, if it isn't a square wave ballast the lamp will run at a completely different colour temperature than its supposed to)

- make sure your actually getting the correct lamp and it is safe to run in your fixture.

Im not saying that they aren't the same I'm just saying be positive before you hand over any money.

Usually if somethings too good to be true,it's not true

I would advise you to be sure you know exactly what your getting. I can't find these lamps for anything under 78USD

It sounds a little to good to be true.

The only place I found offering better prices was some Chinese joint on alibaba. The 4 unit minimum sounded familiar.

The lamps offered with the unit were not phillips elite agro lamps but phillips tmw lamps which have no outer casing to protect against violent failures and as such aren't rated for open reflectors.

I would also be questionin the ballast.

Make sure you are getting

- ballasts that run on 240v

- square wave ballasts not just ordinary digital ballasts. (Just because a ballast will fire up and run a light doesn't mean it's the correct ballast, if it isn't a square wave ballast the lamp will run at a completely different colour temperature than its supposed to)

- make sure your actually getting the correct lamp and it is safe to run in your fixture.

Im not saying that they aren't the same I'm just saying be positive before you hand over any money.

Usually if somethings too good to be true,it's not true

thanks for the info mate i will double check but i did specify to the i didnt want the lamps they had and that i wanted the phillips elite agro or whatever it is called i forget now.

and yes i am making sure about the ballasts that they are not just normal digital and that they are the real square wave ballasts that is why i was asking so much about the ballasts like amps drawn and that. so i can make sure if we all buy we are getting the correct product. im talking with 2 companies one makes solistek ballasts so they are pretty reputable one would think.

the other is called sinowell they only offer big quantity orders but i have made an arragement to get a smaller order to test things out on the australian market.

if you have some free time look them up mate would be much apreciated for any advice. but they do look like the real deal. and yes i first contacted them trhough alibaba but they have just made a new cmh 315 and 615 watt series and thats what im looking at.

and i dont think its to good to be true its just we will be cutting out at least 2 middle men. who would be making a couple of hundred of each light.

Edited by grow for me