Nat and Spider mite control .

Hi all , I thought I would share with you how I control these pests . First up spider mites outside , I use a product called Ecomist all natural pyrethrins it is a fogger 

[ very fine mist ] What I do is stand back 2 or 3 feet and spray the whole plant being careful not to get to much on the leaves and repeat in 2 days time . 

End of mites 100% . and yes you will kill other critters but hay saved your plant . This product doe's not come cheap $30 a can , but what cost do you put on your plant . http://www.ecomist.com.au/images/Insect_Killer_low-res.jpg

Now bloody Nats . 2 part attack , nilnat , great stuff , a little bottle go's a long way . with this add drops to your water , what it doe's is kill the grubs by them ingesting it and blows up there guts ,  now being a 2 stage assault on the little buggers you have to stop the fly from laying more . there is a cycle here you need to break . So first is nilnat for the soil , The ecomist for the fly . What I do is shake the pot to stir the fly's up then lightly spray the soil in very small bursts , you don't need a lot . once you have got rid of them yous the nilnat in your feeding program , I add every second time , as this time of year in the tropics they seem to be  more prevalent . 

http://www.eden-horticulture.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/CX-nilnat.jpg

Since I stated with these products nether of these pest bother me . But they sure as hell hate me .  :good:

Done the home work Bro , http://@itchybromusic  :good: Food safe product used in supermarkets , Pyrethrin is one of the safest insecticides known. It has a low toxicity rate, is non-allergenic and is approved by government regularities for the use in meat exporting and processing facilities.

Biodegradable

Pyrethrin is a plant based product and is easily broken down by sunlight and leaves no residue. It can be used near food preparation areas or where there may be children and pets.

piperonyl butoxide & pyrethrin

I know what pyrethrin is & both would be considered organic however both are made synthetically ( permethrin / PBO& synthetic piperonyl butoxide has been linked to 

numerous adverse human health effects, including cancer, neurotoxicity, and adverse effects on liver function  

not saying they are using synthetics but always good to check these things out B4 use ,

i'd rather use essential oils & silica as a pre-emptive IPM system than have to go to war after being compromised 

good that your checking things out though especially if your not the only consumer of your buds 

• Upvote 2

Mate , thank you for your reply . A conversation like this leads to better understanding , I do not sell , I grow form myself 2 sons and mates , The last thing I need to do is make them sick , I work 68 hours a week and care for my plants as best as I can -- So after looking at the toxicity of piperonyl butoxide and using it  1 time it would not be a issue to my way of thinking ---  [ 1 plant out of 4 ] Nilnat [ now Tanalin , is a biological treatment . 

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/pbogen.pdf , Please reply I value your input , as for anyone of you  . 

:gathering:   :friends:

Edited by Hecno

http://enewspf.com/2012/06/15/new-research-confirms-neurotoxicity-of-pesticide-synergist-pbo/

https://hossjudge.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/fly-sprays-for-horses-what-you-dont-know-can-hurt-you/

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/your-government-says-its-ok-to-spray-you-with-poison-anybody-see-a-problem-7112720#more

There's just to many red flags popping up when you start looking 

I am always a little wary of the word " Natural " or " Organic Based " 

It's tough , 68hrs , the struggle is real my friend , 

you could have a look into integrated pest management which should help with lack of time 

being able to regularly spray a essential oil like neem , lemongrass ,clove , rosemary , thyme , ginger or a blend of 

will keep most bugs away , i'm also spraying silica to help with PM & to emulsify the oils , i also use compost teas & EM-1 ( beneficials ) as foliar sprays , 

Check out this PDF worth downloading even just to have on file https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0248/9641/files/BuildASoil_IPM_Notes.pdf

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 3

cool thread guys

i battled gnats this year in veg

to treat these lil fuckers i started with eco neem initinally sprayin top of coco

didnt seem to have an impact so moved onto drenching them

it appeared they where maintaining numbers judging by adults onyellow sticky traps

off to hydro shop and gots me a bottle of eradicator

i was lucky i was in 4 ltr pots

eradicator directions 20ml per ltr, apply to top of growing media

again nothing numbers semm to be increasing

so out come the vacumm as id fully drench the pots,id vacuumm any adults that flewout

back to the hydro shop

had enuff its like they are super gnats

laughing at me and my treatments

decision made CHEMICAL WARFARE

SCARID 10 Group 3A insecticide

over a 2 week period the breeding cycle was broken

i spray the top of the coco every 10 days as a preventative now

I find the yellow sticky traps are esential and often will be the 1st indicator they are there

Also was given a bottle of GNAT OFF to try from hydro shop

Says its hi potency larvacide for blackfly control

Active ingreinentq

Bacillus Thuringiensis subspecies Israeliensis

cool thread guys

i battled gnats this year in veg

to treat these lil fuckers i started with eco neem initinally sprayin top of coco

didnt seem to have an impact so moved onto drenching them

it appeared they where maintaining numbers judging by adults onyellow sticky traps

off to hydro shop and gots me a bottle of eradicator

i was lucky i was in 4 ltr pots

eradicator directions 20ml per ltr, apply to top of growing media

again nothing numbers semm to be increasing

so out come the vacumm as id fully drench the pots,id vacuumm any adults that flewout

back to the hydro shop

had enuff its like they are super gnats

laughing at me and my treatments

decision made CHEMICAL WARFARE

SCARID 10 Group 3A insecticide

over a 2 week period the breeding cycle was broken

i spray the top of the coco every 10 days as a preventative now

I find the yellow sticky traps are esential and often will be the 1st indicator they are there

Also was given a bottle of GNAT OFF to try from hydro shop

Says its hi potency larvacide for blackfly control

Active ingreinentq

Bacillus Thuringiensis subspecies Israeliensis

yeah understand the chemical warfare but really you need to keep away from these chems 

& work a good preventative , your risking allot with chem warfare , you & others that smokes your buds

some people's immune systems are already compromised , & don't need any more to mess  

further with that 

Fungus Gnats like to eat fungus , where do you find fungus , mycorrhizal fungi on your roots

so there not eating your roots there eating the fungus on the roots , in a living soil there are many 

fungus choices & a living web to keep things in check 

For coco ( i'm not a coco grower ) Diatomaceous earth & trichoderma would be something else to look into ,

top dress with fresh coco with trichoderma & DE on top 

IMHO