Noob hps - led question

Welcome to Oz Stoners xliferx.

Not a dumb question at all, and I don't know the answer.

I have seen some outrageous claims by led manufacturers in the past but as time goes on the quality of led's is improving and I am starting to see some decent grows out there with led. I am still of the opinion that led lighting is still far behind HID lighting.

The main thing to look at is why are you considering using led lighting? The answer to this may help you decide what kind of lighting is better for you.

For energy saving the 315w LEC setups look pretty good to me. I think with heat if you have a decent fan it shouldn't really be a problem and you should always have decent airflow anyway.

If you have an idea of how much you would like to harvest at a time you may find led's are fine or you may decide something else is more suited.