Need help with lights

Hey guys, I am looking for any recommended lights for an auto-flower white widow. I need the cheapest ones possible. I am able to buy from Bunnings, Masters etc. Thanks :)

edit: I need some for veg stage and flowering (Growing 1 plant in a soil pot w/ fertiliser so not hydro)

Edited by trainwhore

Havta to agree with Ozzy

I use HPS from start to finish, just a bit more than 250 is all lol

CFL's and LED's might be great for power reduction but you can't beat HID indoors.

You can have a switchable ballast to run metal halide(MH) bulb during grow, then swap bulbs and flip the switch and run High Pressure Sodium(HPS) for flower. Or as I do HPS from start to finish. Running HPS the whole way the nodes can be a bit closer together than running MH in the grow cycle. But for me growing SCROG the closer the nodes the better imo. The more nodes the more budding points.

Now you say only one plant, but it depends on the space you are illuminating with that light rather than plant numbers. I only grow one plant, this is it https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/10063-7/ but in a 3m x 3m room. Now if I was to use my space with only a 250w lamp it would be like growing with a candle as my light source. By the same accord, if I took my 4x600watt HPS and put them in a wardrobe grow, I'd cook the plants. So looking just at your light as "is it enough?" isn't enough info. In growing indoors its all about balance. Up in Cannaversity above http://cannaversity.com/calculators/index.php there are calculators to help you work these balances out. Although I mentioned room area and light, there is also airflow that needs to be in the equation. So go have a look. You need a balance of all 3.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

Havta to agree with Ozzy

I use HPS from start to finish, just a bit more than 250 is all lol

CFL's and LED's might be great for power reduction but you can't beat HID indoors.

You can have a switchable ballast to run metal halide(MH) bulb during grow, then swap bulbs and flip the switch and run High Pressure Sodium(HPS) for flower. Or as I do HPS from start to finish. Running HPS the whole way the nodes can be a bit closer together than running MH in the grow cycle. But for me growing SCROG the closer the nodes the better imo. The more nodes the more budding points.

Now you say only one plant, but it depends on the space you are illuminating with that light rather than plant numbers. I only grow one plant, this is it https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/10063-7/ but in a 3m x 3m room. Now if I was to use my space with only a 250w lamp it would be like growing with a candle as my light source. By the same accord, if I took my 4x600watt HPS and put them in a wardrobe grow, I'd cook the plants. So looking just at your light as "is it enough?" isn't enough info. In growing indoors its all about balance. Up in Cannaversity above http://cannaversity.com/calculators/index.php there are calculators to help you work these balances out. Although I mentioned room area and light, there is also airflow that needs to be in the equation. So go have a look. You need a balance of all 3.

Merl1n

Ahh yes haha forgot that important part, I am going to be growing in a small space about 0.5mx0.5mx1 as I am not looking for maximum yield, more for a starting point. I have 2 pc fans (1 pushing air in, 1 sucking it out.), the small space is covered with Mylar.

hmmm, ok then....

It can take some skill to grow in such a confined space. In grow you have your lights on 18hrs and off for 6. In flower you have your lights on 12hrs off 12. When you first turn 12/12 your plant will have a massive growth splurt. In such a confined space that growth splurt can be a bit overwhelming, so warning, get ready. lol

P.S Rather than have one fan in and one out, Id recommend both on the out and a passive intake (just a hole, no fan)

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 2

hmmm, ok then....

It can take some skill to grow in such a confined space. In grow you have your lights on 18hrs and off for 6. In flower you have your lights on 12hrs off 12. When you first turn 12/12 your plant will have a massive growth splurt. In such a confined space that growth splurt can be a bit overwhelming, so warning, get ready. lol

P.S Rather than have one fan in and one out, Id recommend both on the out and a passive intake (just a hole, no fan)

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Cheers man :)

hello mate, im a new grower myself listen to these people and you cant go wrong they helped me a hell of alot. as im a new grower too i cant give much advice except get a good seedline as one of my first plants turned out hermie on me and wasted 4 months of growing haha. and with a good seedline i outgrew any expectations i had on my first grow aqlong with help from most of these people here. live life on the edge mate get yourself a 1.4 m tent and whack a 600 watter in there hehe.