Help

quizywig

well its almost a week after the harvest of my white skunk plant grown from seed, Im feeling a bit disapointed so far it tastes bitter and the potency is just ok barely if you keep toking away, am i expecting to much to soon, it looked terific on the plant flushed for 2 weeks with pure ph adjusted rain water grown in clay balls which souldnt hold to much nutes, is it just that its too wet? ( i speed dryed some of the stuff to smoke near a heater over a day or so), and will the clones im growing now be any better?.

any thoughts?

post-1164-1095134120_thumb.jpg

just wondering if its possible for nutes and salts to acumilate around the root ball (most of my growing pot becomes very dense with root matter and clay balls) would the plant feed of this during flushing? my smoke seems harsh bitter and has a tendancy to go crispy as it dries, it really seemed like an excelent smoke while it was growing.

hey mate , sorry to here ya buds failed to pack a punch , not to worry it will get better with a little time . it sounds like the strain to me madoga , i grown some shit weed , sounds like that .

just pulled some herer , 1 plant 2 weeks before it was ready cos i was hanging for a smoke , dried a few buds on the stove , smoked em and got absolutly smashed - and they wern't even ready .

good luck mate

thanks for the reply, it shouldnt be the strain i bought some white skunk seeds from planet skunk, there suposed to be ok, it actually has a similar taste to my last crop which was bagseed, which made me wonder if my plants arent really flushing but feeding on left over nutes/salts, Ive been running it at about 2.5-2.8 on my meter, but im starting with rain water which reads at 0 compared to tap water here at 0.9,

ust wondering if its possible for nutes and salts to acumilate around the root ball (most of my growing pot becomes very dense with root matter and clay balls) would the plant feed of this during flushing? my smoke seems harsh bitter and has a tendancy to go crispy as it dries, it really seemed like an excelent smoke while it was growing.

Yes, this is one reason why you should flush between nutrient changes.

but 2 weeks is more than enough time to get rid of any build ups, but eaisest way to tell if you have build up is to measure the TDS of the water going in to the res, compared to whats coming out of it.

They should be the same figure, and if the stuff coming out is a higher reading then the medium has a build up.

Keep flushing water through it until it comes out the same TDS.

Im actually thinking you might have picked too early, what told you it was time to pull??

you could be onto some thing with the ph additive i did out a bit in, although i did get an increase in nute levels during flushing only 0.4 or so, although with flushing i just cleaned my tank and filled with the ph water and let it go, should i have flushed it with a hose maybe then dump the waste and then fil with the rain water. with the picking it the hairs went brown from the bottom up, probably 75% brown at pick, also the top was starting to look a little stressed, flowering about 8weeks

I would buy a loupe, microscope or somthing like that to inspect the trichomes.

The hairs can brown if the plant is stressed, or there is something else wrong.

I used to put my plants in the bath tub and run water through them for 10 minutes or so.

But now all I do is empty, refill with tap water, run through the system, dump and refill with water, measure this and then add your nutrients, additives and then adjust your PH levels.

If you put too much PH adjuster in so that you have to add the opposite to get it right then dump it and flush again.

ie- you use too much lower and it drops too far, dont fix it by adding up. just dump it all and start again.

The main thing your looking for is that the waste is about the same as the water going in to it.