Tips & Tricks for rolling Joints!

Sweet itchy, well explained.

I do the same but put the vertical paper on a 45deg angle, away from the horizontal paper to give a little more length :)

Recently I've been using a rolly filters tip, rather than a cardboard one in me joints to filter the smoke. No difference in high, just a bit less flow when toked and I don't cough up brown shit any more :)

:joint:

That's a cool tip Cap , 45deg

Never really had an issue with a bit of cardboard / filter & coughing unless it was badly grown ,

dried & looked after gear , then you can cough up 2 lungs

like using hemp papers, quite thin ,( not that it matters ) & if i can find them unbleached hemp papers 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1

You need consistently chopped herb which for my tastes is at around a third to one half the size of a single female flower.  I find any smaller and you lose too many trichs to the scissors which makes for an all round shittier smoke in general but for me it's the taste that becomes the main issue as the finer it gets the harsher it gets.  If you keep the mix chunky it tastes amazing but only at first because it will go out and when it does that relit joint taste isn't exactly nice and it only gets worse the more times you have to relight the joint.

Joint size is also hugely important because the more hot air and smoke you draw over the remaining bud the worse it's going to taste and although it might just be me I find that the high becomes more sleepy and less euphoric the longer that goes on so I'll forever opt to have tons of little joints over a monster sized one.

The paper quality is obviously a huge deal too.  Good ole tally-hos are utterly worthless and the standard ventii aren't much better either.  IMO ventii are the better option between the two but get yourself some slow burning papers like what's been mentioned before and you'll be much happier.  Can't really recommend those flavoured papers at all as the few I've tried all tasted like fake chemical crap especially when burned but if you're just smoking some PGR rubbish they can make them somewhat palatable.

If you use a filter it's going to change not only the way the joint smokes but the way it feels too.  People get all fancy with paper and cardboard but almost every time I've smoked a joint with a filter like that it's felt hard on the lips and then collapsed on itself.  I don't even want to get started on how they go when you share with a drooler :bad:  I just use standard rollie filters.  They're cheap and literally designed for the job making them extremely hard to beat.

Some people are bit full on and will even go to great lengths to retain all the quality they can and will do things like only ever lighting joints with hemp wick or trying out the different brands of butane to find the purest one.  Personally my only advice there is don't spark up using a zippo lighter.  You'll look cool as fuck doing it but by god that zippo taste will haunt you forever making it completely not worth it lol

Looking back on all this I should have just said roll them like a rollie :faint:

• Upvote 3

I have to agree with Weeping Angel in regard to joint size. I have a box of kingsize Zigzag blues, each paper holds enough green for 6 'normal' joints and the box full will last me a lifetime lol The zigzag blues I regularly use are the normal tally ho size as shown in joints the previous pic.

AND +1 on the Zippo. NEVER spark up with a zippo.

Capn's joint 2 paper sticking tute...harhar.

1: Place two standard papers face to face (sticky to sticky) or back to back with about a 6-8mm offset (as you can see in the pic, the top paper slightly to the left of the bottom paper)

post-49437-0-31390800-1441535230_thumb.jpg

2: Diagonally trim from the non glued edge to the glued edge. ensure you leave the corner of the top paper for maximum length.

post-49437-0-37341200-1441534935_thumb.jpg

3: Flip and turn the top paper 90deg, lick the glue of the bottom paper and stick together.... doing it this way eliminates excessive paper and having the adjoined paper diagonally just gives you a bit more sticky at the coned end.

post-49437-0-19410000-1441535205_thumb.jpg

4: Add creases length wise to form a boat and ye be ready to fill with ye favorite/preferred smoking mix. roll.

post-49437-0-67663400-1441534854_thumb.jpg

5: Spark and enjoy!

post-49437-0-56436200-1441537026_thumb.jpg

sidenote: I'm a rouch/filter to the right roller, so the top paper is offset to the left before trimming. Just offset the top paper to the right if ye be a lefty roucher. :thumbsup:

Hope this is explanatory, I'm pretty baked :)

:peace:

• Upvote 3