I never thought I would actually see someone at OzStoner's connect the words "good man" and David Leyonhjelm's name.... s'pose that shows just how diverse the membership is around here.

I can understand people being skeptical of LDP, I used to be a labour voter and also voted greens a couple of times.  The bottom line is though, LDP are about removing government interference out of our lives and lowering taxes by making government smaller.  Some of their policies I am not really on board with or don't really know enough about, but in general they fit best with my own philosophies (personal freedom and democracy).

To me, there is not much difference between the 2 main parties now.

LDP have actually been taking action to bring cannabis regulation into the light, also pushing for gay marriage bills and have launched a senate inquiry into "nanny state" politics to work out why government can take away our freedoms so easily.

It seems greens, labour and LNP are now pretty much on board with medical cannabis, but we all know that it's not going to come easily and they are going to regulate and tax the fuck out of it and will be highly unlikely people will be able to grow their own medicine at home. 

LDP have much more relaxed policies in regards to cannabis regulation, for one, they don't care about trials into medical cannabis when it is already a proven and safe medicine.

By all means, if you are happy with the 2 party labour/LNP freak show, then keep on voting for them and you'll keep getting the same ol shit!  Keep spending those tax dollars on funding their helicopter trips and overseas vacations haha!!

Edited by lifestylez

HA , HA The Liberal Demoncrats got lots of votes in last election due to people thinking you were Abbott on the ballot paper.... good work..

That's what the media tells you, but the fact is, LDP have been campaigning for 10 years.  They won a senate seat, and as you know, the senate ballot paper has a list of human names with their party in small print below.  In the senate, you are voting for the person primarily, not the party.  If you really believe people accidentally voted for the wrong guy then you don't have much faith in voters.

Liberal National Party

Liberal Democratic Party

Pretty obvious difference to me!

By all means, if you are happy with the 2 party labour/LNP freak show, then keep on voting for them and you'll keep getting the same ol shit!  Keep spending those tax dollars on funding their helicopter trips and overseas vacations haha!!

^^^And this is why I think there should be a test for electoral participation.  :unknw: