Hi all I'm just about to start my first grow indoors under CFL lights and I was thinking about using the jiffy pots and pellets to start the seed off in and putting it into a 50/50 potting and perlite mix once its well established then just using seasol and some cheep veg and bloom nutrients from bunnings I am well aware that the plant will not reach its full genetic potential this way but I still should be able to grow a healthy plant this way? as this is my first grow and I'm a total newbie I don't want to go all out and realise that its not for me and be stuck with a shit load of gear. Can anyone with a lot more experience than me foresee any major problems with this.

Thanks 

Hi all I'm just about to start my first grow indoors under CFL lights and I was thinking about using the jiffy pots and pellets to start the seed off in and putting it into a 50/50 potting and perlite mix once its well established then just using seasol and some cheep veg and bloom nutrients from bunnings I am well aware that the plant will not reach its full genetic potential this way but I still should be able to grow a healthy plant this way? as this is my first grow and I'm a total newbie I don't want to go all out and realise that its not for me and be stuck with a shit load of gear. Can anyone with a lot more experience than me foresee any major problems with this.

Thanks 

yes, jiffy pots can be a good place to start

'Cheap' Nutrients? I use Powerfeed Green bootle- started out using it just in veg now using it in flower too (may not have all the bells and whistles but it works)

There are better CFLs out there... some people here use an 80watt by Phillips, but it does need a special light holder 

check out The Stoned Jester's 80 watt grow

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/70562-stoned-jesters-80w-evil-experiment/

I've not grown in potting mix not sure how good/bad that will work, sure someone will chime in

Welcome to OzStoners BTW