Growroom Spreadsheet

I suppose if you're feeding using some sort of pre set formula then this sort of record keeping could be handy, but personally I've never felt the need or benefit to keeping that much of that sort of data.  I do record issues that crop up, and when I make changes to feed settings and the reason for them to a degree, but I primarily make those decisions based on the plants and the timing rather than making them follow a regime.

I do however keep various measurements and records in a spreadsheet, used to run a sheet for pics as well but found it to just be double handling.  My take on it is that if you don't know how to set up a spreadsheet customised to your own needs, then you probably won't know how to properly use a spreadsheet set up by someone else.

Good of you to offer it up though, and it can always be interesting to see what other people do with things like this.

"My take on it is that if you don't know how to set up a spreadsheet customised to your own needs, then you probably won't know how to properly use a spreadsheet set up by someone else."

>> Very good point!  :good:
  :good:  :good: 

"
I suppose if you're feeding using some sort of pre set formula then this sort of record keeping could be handy, but personally I've never felt the need or benefit to keeping that much of that sort of data."

I have been growing for quite some time now ... and up until a couple of years ago I simply just sort of followed my instincts and experimented with different things accordingly. The problem with this approach is there are just far too many different parameters, nutrient mixes, growth supplements and different approaches involved in indoor gardening! 

I have a memory like a sieve when it comes to memorizing this kind of data!  :twitchsmile: I found myself making the same mistakes again and again, because I could never remember what worked and what didn't. let alone what actually worked best in each situation!  :wallbash: 

I am compelled to simplify and streamline everything as much as possible so my brain doesn't blow up!! I also had a strong gut feeling that most of the expensive additives and supplements I was using were not at all worth the time and money I was investing in them! I had to find a way to prove or disprove my suspicions.

This spreadsheet has so far proved that I was right to think this! All I use now is H202, pH Down and Flora Micro & Bloom (Lucas Formula) at different concentrations, the results are almost identical, and the small improvements I got from using these products wasn't worth a third of what I was paying for them. They just complicated things even more and added more unwanted parameters to the equation.

Now I am fairly confident that I am maximizing my grow-rooms potential, because I can use records from similar strains at specific times of the year as a benchmark for all future grows, without repeating the same mistakes and losing my mind pondering all the different parameters and math involved.  :good: 

I guess I can be accused of being a perfectionist maybe even an idealist, but I think if you are going to do something you should do it properly .... especially if there is risk involved, the law doesn't discriminate between garbage weed and world class meds, the sentence will be exactly the same. regardless.  :declare: 

Thanks for not accusing me of being some sort of scammer or idiot, I was starting to think I should have just shared another useless picture of a plant, rather than something that actually could help someone as passionate as I am about gardening and "self sufficiency"  :punk:

U4R1K  :bagged:

• Upvote 1

which page do you enter the daily data on ?  a lot of the cells cannot be entered in to ?

Enter into black cells on summary page - first page, you don't have to enter all of them, I only recorded Humidity for the first year. You can also record any notes or issues in the Notes page if ya want. 

The other pages just have calculators, conversions and charts .. don't need to worry bout them mate

did not mean to offend ya.

just the way you uploaded it like 5 times.. an i download it.. and instantly my phone crashed.

i thought dodgey things happened.

and i was questioning the scam aspect.. not stating fact.

I received alot of emails when i first shared asking to re share, because the download will only stay active for 28 days. I felt guilty about not sharing straight away, so I finally decided to pull my finger out and stop being a selfish asshole (almost a year later)  :wacko: Then when i did it felt like I was getting attacked for trying to do something purely for other peoples benefit. 

But I do understand where you are coming from, hard not to be cynical these days ... especially on the internet lol!!  :signthis:  :signthis:  :twiddle:  :twiddle:  :greedy:  :greedy:  :twitchsmile:  :twitchsmile:

I have a memory like a sieve when it comes to memorizing this kind of data!  :twitchsmile: I found myself making the same mistakes again and again, because I could never remember what worked and what didn't. let alone what actually worked best in each situation!  :wallbash: 

I am compelled to simplify and streamline everything as much as possible so my brain doesn't blow up!! I also had a strong gut feeling that most of the expensive additives and supplements I was using were not at all worth the time and money I was investing in them! I had to find a way to prove or disprove my suspicions.

lol I call it old stoner memory, and it's not helpful.  Also a big part of the reason I keep records and put up grow diaries here as well, I'm forever going back through them.

Have to say I agree about most additives being a waste of money, so I try to keep it simple.

Having a black thumb I'm tempted to try following something like the Lucas Formula, but I'm determined to try and learn to read my plants better through experience.

It's nice that you've offered up a spreadsheet for people, but at the end of the day everybody is going to be looking to achieve different input, outcomes, record keeping etc, and spreadsheet's really need to be designed in consultation with the individual.  When that is done they can be a very helpful and powerful tool.

lol I call it old stoner memory, and it's not helpful.  Also a big part of the reason I keep records and put up grow diaries here as well, I'm forever going back through them.

Have to say I agree about most additives being a waste of money, so I try to keep it simple.

Having a black thumb I'm tempted to try following something like the Lucas Formula, but I'm determined to try and learn to read my plants better through experience.

It's nice that you've offered up a spreadsheet for people, but at the end of the day everybody is going to be looking to achieve different input, outcomes, record keeping etc, and spreadsheet's really need to be designed in consultation with the individual.  When that is done they can be a very helpful and powerful tool.

Yes!! "old stoner memory" has been making things difficult for me for a very long time now!!  lol  lol  lol

And I'm sure there are many people out there with this same issue hahaha!!!

I use Lucas Formula mainly because of it's simplicity and cost effectiveness, but the other thing I really like about using a set formula is you can get reliable repeatable results every time. 

You are 100% right, this spreadsheet was primarily designed for my personal system: running different concentrations of 1 part Flora Micro to 2 parts Flora Bloom in an RDWC hydroponic configuration, but I did make a real effort to make it as versatile as possible in case I feel like making things more complicated for myself in the future and also so other people can utilise it for their specific needs. 

If you like to keep things simple you can use straight Lucas Formula dumping and replenishing the mix every couple of weeks and raising the concentration gradually to meet the plants unique requirements throughout the grow, or if you want to get a little bit more adventurous you can use the "Addback calculator" or experiment with different additives and supplements. The beauty of it is the 3 or 4 numbers you enter into the sheet daily is converted from raw data into usable information automatically without the grief, and the sum of this information becomes a case file for that specific strain at that specific time of year within a specific grow space. Once you complete a years worth of these case files you have a real wealth of true knowledge that you can refer to at any time. 

Before I created this spreadsheet I really didn't gain any true knowledge at all, because it is virtually impossible to see the full picture when you are only operating on a day to day basis.

...It's like 'OK what did I learn from that? Absolutely nothing!" "How can I improve next time?" "I forgot!"  :stunned:  :D  :D  :D 

Did you have a look at it? Maybe you can use it? What sort of system do you have? I put alot of time, effort and thought into creating it, would love to know if it is as versatile and user-friendly as it looks in theory. Even if it is completely useless to anyone else but myself! HAHAHAHA!!! 

As far as I know, I am the only one that has regularly used it, any feedback positive or negative would really be appreciated mate  B) 

U4R1K  :scratchin: