Northern Territory's paperless arrests are unprecedented: High Cou

it is quite like the "Law" in Louisiana where cops can stop ya for no reason, and seize your car etc on the basis of intention to commit a crime, whether or not there is any evidence or prior history of crimes by the drive/owner (of car).

and of course the most common offence there is Driving While Black, seems to be enough evidence (of a foreseeable crime) for cops to take everything... 

then there is that American "Three Strikes" law that "unintentionally" targeted - wait for it - - -  non-whites and those from lower socioeconomic areas, bet ya' didn't see that coming :)

Law makers/police in the NT aren't smart enough to learn from other countries mistakes - even when there is evidence showing the crap don't work

rant over... for the moment 

Edited by Matanuska Thunder

It really makes me quite sad... when I was there you could sit under on the grass beside the footpath without risking being taken to the cells for looking 'untidy'. : (

edit... makes me want to go back and look really, really untidy in a public place and dare them to try it with me....  and no, the rant will not be over until everybody recognises that - 

THIS IS AND

ALWAYS will be 

ABORIGINAL LAND

Edited by louise
  • Upvote 4