Let's do grafting!

Imagine climbing a 40m tree every day to mist the inside of the bag lol

:twiddle:

Cobber... You'd need a bloody Black Hawk Chopper to Foliar spray them.!!!......lol

Not to mention misting the bags. After possible attachment......Who's going to trim the under-story?  ...........If indeed it has some.

Cherry picking machine for hire...... Hmmm......yea..

Seems like a sci -fi job...But hey............Like the concept.

Now if there was a dwarf version..Like 2 Metres....I'd have a crack.....Yes............. Seriously....

Investigator tree is in the Cannabaceae family and grows up to 40 metres tall. If one could successfully graft cannabis high up in the canopy of these trees, it would offer enormous stealth...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtis_paniculata

Love it mate, better get a ling ladder!! lol

Great idea, top thread. Worth pinning??

Cheers itic :)

Nice work mate, the plants look lovely! recently saw a video of a guy who grafted an apricot tree with 40 fruits, gives me ideas.

Cool man, i want to do some citrus next

:twiddle:

Cobber... You'd need a bloody Black Hawk Chopper to Foliar spray them.!!!......lol

Not to mention misting the bags. After possible attachment......Who's going to trim the under-story?  ...........If indeed it has some.

Cherry picking machine for hire...... Hmmm......yea..

Seems like a sci -fi job...But hey............Like the concept.

Now if there was a dwarf version..Like 2 Metres....I'd have a crack.....Yes............. Seriously....

Many large trees can be controlled if grown in pots????

Very interesting concept. I've seen it done with pears & citrus, but cannabis never crossed my mind. Keep us posted with the end result. Cheers.

Cheers scorpian.. I just added a bb99 scion the other day. It looks to have taken well. Hk99 didnt work at all

yes it is cool. my original mum got to big for my veg space and has gone out to the farm. so I am doing it again and keeping in a small pot..

one issue I came up to was that things got a bit untidy, so when I can be bothered cracking a couple of beans I will use the mainlining/manifold method to get the plant symmetrical, then apply a new grafted scion to each branch.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know whether it's best to do the graft just as the lights have come on, or just as the lights are about to go out?  I've searched so many cannabis grafting threads yet have found zero mention of this, other than a couple of "keep them in the shade for a few days".

I haven't grafted before, but I have transplanted with heavy root shock, resulting in a very wilted plant ... foliar feeding + plastic cover for humidity retention + physical support with strings + keeping the lights OFF had it looking as good as new in 12-24hrs (and then just a couple days more of foliar feeding until the roots settled in), so I'm wondering if it's a similar situation for grafting.

And seeing as the first 24hrs or so are critical, it would make sense to me to figure this light schedule out, as it's a very simple thing we can do to help maximise our chance of success in a game that is seemingly very hit-and-miss.

Edited by alienpuppy

Does anyone know whether it's best to do the graft just as the lights have come on, or just as the lights are about to go out? I've searched so many cannabis grafting threads yet have found zero mention of this, other than a couple of "keep them in the shade for a few days".

I haven't grafted before, but I have transplanted with heavy root shock, resulting in a very wilted plant ... foliar feeding + plastic cover for humidity retention + physical support with strings + keeping the lights OFF had it looking as good as new in 12-24hrs (and then just a couple days more of foliar feeding until the roots settled in), so I'm wondering if it's a similar situation for grafting.

And seeing as the first 24hrs or so are critical, it would make sense to me to figure this light schedule out, as it's a very simple thing we can do to help maximise our chance of success in a game that is seemingly very hit-and-miss.

It may be worth researching outside of the cannabis world. In saying that, perhaps the light schedule is not significant at all and you'd be wasting your time. It never crossed my mind when I did it and had reasonable success. There are some really excelent cannabis grafters out there and mostly canna people are forthcoming with information so is just a matter of seeking them out and asking them.

• Oz unpinned this topic