Essential Harvest equiptment Digital camera REVIEW

Well with a little help from my friends I was able to get this camera going.

The provided sofware allows both stills and video capture. NOW I can see the trichs develop and 200X is way better than the other 400x Veho microscope that I have. The depth of feild is too shallow on the 400x and getting an idea of the Trichrome count is too hard.

Most seem to aim for a 3-5% Amber ration for a head high and 10-50% ratio of amber to cloudy Trich for a body stone.

Edited by iTiC

I have a hand held 420 scope and a 5mp Digital Microscope and have found I have "missed" many amber trichs with the 420 scope. I am not sure what causes this but the amber trichs are more distinguishable with the camera. I think it has something to do with the amount of light being reflected back off the flower. The camera scope I can vary the light intensity which is maybe another reason why I get better clarity.

One thing I did learn (never seem to stop with this stuff) was that, previously I had just taken a a look at the part of the flower the scope had ended up on and said OK its 10% amber time to harvest, I should have been looking at the calyx's and the trichomes on them. Someone pointed out to me that I had taken a nice shot of trichomes but that it was of a leaf and not a calyx. When looking directly at the calyx the amber count is always lower than on the leaves because the the leaf trichs will mature first. Made a difference of about a week to the harvest time from when I would have done it.

• Upvote 1

I have a hand held 420 scope and a 5mp Digital Microscope and have found I have "missed" many amber trichs with the 420 scope. I am not sure what causes this but the amber trichs are more distinguishable with the camera. I think it has something to do with the amount of light being reflected back off the flower. The camera scope I can vary the light intensity which is maybe another reason why I get better clarity.

One thing I did learn (never seem to stop with this stuff) was that, previously I had just taken a a look at the part of the flower the scope had ended up on and said OK its 10% amber time to harvest, I should have been looking at the calyx's and the trichomes on them. Someone pointed out to me that I had taken a nice shot of trichomes but that it was of a leaf and not a calyx. When looking directly at the calyx the amber count is always lower than on the leaves because the the leaf trichs will mature first. Made a difference of about a week to the harvest time from when I would have done it.

Great tip Max cheers, aim for the Calyx. Make's sense.

ALSO, I remember watching Max_Headroom for the first time. I was tripping balls and my dad walked in, was almost impossible to keep it together.... still not sure if I pulled it off ... (man the 80's wtf right!!!)

Edited by iTiC