Where to buy Promix/Perlite/Verm

Hydro shops would be best bets for the best deals on Perlite and Vermiculite, most garden centers will charge you an arm and a leg.

That said, Bunnings sometimes has a range of hydro stuff, or at least the Warehouse ones out here are starting to. You could pick up good quality potting mixes from there as well, should you be looking for an organic additive.

Hope that helps. :wub:

yea I brought one of those huge white sacks from the hydro shop it was heaps cheaper.

But not always so, like anything you need to shop around for it.

I have 2 shops pretty close to me, somethings are a hell of a lot cheaper than the other shop.

Places like bunnings ,n bigW, etc are expensive and you can only buy it in small amounts.

Im going to my Nursery soon as I need some Organic mix for outside, so I will price there stuff.

Edited by Ferengi420

Dont get stuff from the nurserys and shops, go to the hydro shops, nutriflo is the cheapest in oz, or close to it.. My local hydro shop sold me a massive bag of Perlite for $10, its like 20L or so.. Bunnings charge about $6-8 for a 5/6 litre bag. Also, look at the difference between the hydro shop perlite (I get the Extra large Perlite, its better than clay and better than smaller perlite, mix with a bit of cocopeat for some lighter mix and thats my growing medium mix, plants love it... for seedlings I just add Vermiculite.. anyway, go have a look at and perhaps waste your money on the Bunnings stuff.. but when you get sick of growing in chalky powdered shitty perlite and dust flying everywhere from the vermiculite.. you will see why the hydro shop is better.. And probably cheaper.)