Autopots anyone?

henry

Hiyas, just getting started on my first attempt at indoor growing. Decided to buy a little autopot system (2 pots, 35lt tank and smart valve), cos I've got limited space, they seem pretty low maintenance (I'm a lazy prick ::wub:: ), and I've read some good things about them on MJ sites...

Is anybody on the forum using one of these systems? If so, any comments regarding the autopot branded general purpose 2 part nutes provided in the kits?

Was thinking I'd just give em a try at a low concentration... but maybe I should just chuck em out at get some of the special purpose nutes everybody else is using?

Thanks guys...

I'd use your nutes at full strength, unless you have bubs that need a half strength mix.........the brand you've been given should be ok, otherwise DutchMaster or Canna are pretty good.

I don't actually use the system you have, I use run to waste, but I do know most nutes are designed to be used at full strength for maximum effect. Will you be using clones to go into your system? Or growing from seed?

I'd use your nutes at full strength, unless you have bubs that need a half strength mix.........the brand you've been given should be ok, otherwise DutchMaster or Canna are pretty good.

I don't actually use the system you have, I use run to waste, but I do know most nutes are designed to be used at full strength for maximum effect. Will you be using clones to go into your system? Or growing from seed?

Thanks for the advice Chev. Might just stick with the standard nutes for the first run. I'll be growing from seed, just got a indoor mix (indica) from MJOZ, got a few sativa seeds from some good smoke we had a while back also, so was planning to get some seedlings happening and take it from there... Would like to have a go with clones, but I'm a bit paranoid about ordering, maybe next season :wub:

Actually what do you reckon about the seedlings, going to germinate in paper towels, then use a perlite/vermiculite mix and the nutes liquid, that sound reasonable?

I grown outdoors in soil in an 2 plant autopot setup... they aint worth the money you pay... but they are still good... very low maintenance indeed... I reccomend getting a 4mm inline filter if it didnt come with one already.. just keep the smart valve clear of crap getting underneath and you will be good....

The nutes that come with them though, are just general purpose nutrients, they will work for the vegetative stage.. but you will need some flowering nutrients....

they are yellow and blue right??? I think I grew some nice tomatoes with em... :wub:

Actually what do you reckon about the seedlings, going to germinate in paper towels, then use a perlite/vermiculite mix and the nutes liquid, that sound reasonable?
That's the way I'd go probably :wub: I sometimes put them into rockwool cubes after they've germinated, then into the perlite/vermiculite mix.........Good luck with it man, sounds like you got some nice seeds to start with anyway (indica-my favourite!!)

You'll lose the paranoia about ordering clones eventually, I did ::D: MJOZ is a great place to start for both seed and clone.............

I grown outdoors in soil in an 2 plant autopot setup... they aint worth the money you pay... but they are still good... very low maintenance indeed... I reccomend getting a 4mm inline filter if it didnt come with one already.. just keep the smart valve clear of crap getting underneath and you will be good....

The nutes that come with them though, are just general purpose nutrients, they will work for the vegetative stage.. but you will need some flowering nutrients....

they are yellow and blue right??? I think I grew some nice tomatoes with em... :wub:

Thanks for the tips bro. I will get a filter for the line, wouldn't want my babies to starve :D Yep the nutrients are yellow and blue.

What sort of medium you using, I was just going to stick with the perlite first time around?

That's the way I'd go probably ;) I sometimes put them into rockwool cubes after they've germinated, then into the perlite/vermiculite mix.........Good luck with it man, sounds like you got some nice seeds to start with anyway (indica-my favourite!!)

You'll lose the paranoia about ordering clones eventually, I did  ::wub::  MJOZ is a great place to start for both seed and clone.............

Cheers mate.

Real happy about MJOZ, ordered monday, shipped tuesday, delivered wednesday... :D