Submission to the federal parliament, med, canna 2015

Should get someone from here to write up something and submit it as a group? Oz stoners is a pretty credible source.

Good idea tsj :thumbsup:

It sounds like a good job for you to start ;)

When you have the first draft done, just put it up here or pm it around for comments and changes.

If you are not confident in writing paragraphs, or even sentences, just start by dot pointing some ideas. There are plenty of crew here who will be able to rewrite into a proffesional looking document.

from

warren entsch's office

Good afternoon,

Thanks again for your interest in the issue of medicinal cannabis, and the work of the Cross Parliamentary Group on Drug Policy and Law Reform.

Since Warren’s last correspondence with you, the Group has met again in Canberra. In a positive move, the Regulator of Medicinal Cannabis Bill has been referred to the Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee for an inquiry. This will allow the Bill to be scrutinised, experts in the field will be called to give evidence, and any potential barriers to the Bill moving forward can be identified and remedied.

It’s recommended that as many people as possible make a formal submission to the Committee, and also forward their submission to their local Member of Parliament and state Senators. The number of submissions received will be a good indication of the level of community, industry, medical and political support for medicinal cannabis.

Details can be found at the following: http://www.aph.gov.au/…/Legal_and_C…/Medicinal_Cannabis_Bill

Please forward this onto anyone you know who may be interested. Submissions close on the 13th of March and should be sent to:

Committee Secretary

Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee

PO Box 6100

Parliament House

Canberra ACT 2600

Phone: +61 2 6277 3560

Fax: +61 2 6277 5794

legcon.sen@aph.gov.au

If you have any questions, do let me know.

Warm regards,

• Upvote 1

There is nothing like the last minute to get things done. Only 2 public submissions in so far, get them in before 13 march, (today is the 2nd ;) )

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Legal_and_Constitutional_Affairs/Medicinal_Cannabis_Bill/Submissions

Check the submission by The Don cannabis company. I might use a few of his points myself.

• Upvote 2

Wow, only 2 public submissions?

I don't want to put my name to a submission, but if I did I would include something like this (feel free to use it):

-------------------------------

As a user of cannabis who would most likely not be helped by the proposed legalisation of medical cannabis, I urge you to consider all users of cannabis for even the most minor medical symptoms.

I use various strains of cannabis for tendonitis and minor arthritis, but also simply for mental health and general well-being. Some may call this recreational use, but life often creates stress and many people are prescribed pharmaceutical medicine to help with stress, so why should cannabis be excluded?

I grow my own cannabis exclusively for my own use. I am no burden to the tax system as I do not need to take PBS subsidised medicine or visit a bulk billed GP as often as if I did not use cannabis. I should not have to fear prosecution by growing and consuming what is technically a vegetable.