More Growing Info

Ill be adding to this, with info on things such as additional nutrients in a foliar spray and such, but I need to go to bed lol Here's a good chart I was looking at just before on a crop production site from Australia. It may change the mind of some people here, with the need for N in veg phase, and the such low PH levels.. like I hear some people using 5.6 and 5.8 PH.. I think 6 and 6.2 would be better for nutrient absorbtion.. according to this chart.

post-14-1091953836_thumb.gif

Hey Nath ,

ive seen this chart before and it convinced me to let my ph levels drift a little.

I usually set my ph to around 5.5 and let it drift up to 7 before i bring it back down (usually every 2nd day) just to give the nutes a little more range for uptake.

Plants are luvin it . lol

Cool, I just got out of bed, so Im going to be doing some reading on maybe using alfalfa liquid chlorophyll as a foliar spray.. it would really give the plants a massive boost... Also, with the chlorophyll, you will need an increase of Calcium, some Nitrogen will help too, but depends what nutes you use.. my DutchFest HydroGrow really lacks the Nitrogen in it, but Ill have to get some Nitrozyme for the clones Ive started.. I wont bother with this crop, as two of them are growing little pod things, but they have no hairs coming out as yet.. Maybe in another one or two days of flower they will show, i hope.. Its bag seed so I guess I have to expect that, but what a way to waste 6 weeks huh lol

Some info on Calcium

Calcium is one of the major nutrient elements required for plant growth. It activates enzymes, is a structural component of cell walls, influences water movement in cells and is necessary for cell growth and division. Some plants must have calcium to take up nitrogen and other minerals. It is easily leached. Once deposited in plant tissue, calcium is immobile (non-translocatable) so there must be a constant supply for growth. Deficiency causes stunting of new growth in stems, flowers and roots. Symptoms range from distorted new growth to black spots on leaves and fruit. Yellow leaf margins may also appear.

Calcium, an essential part of plant cell wall structure, provides for normal transport and retention of other elements as well as strength in the plant. It is also thought to counteract the effect of alkali salts and organic acids within a plant. Calcium is absorbed as the cation Ca ++ and exists in a delicate balance with Mg and K in the plant. Too much of any one of these elements may cause insufficiencies of the other two.

Ok so basically if we add Calcium we need to have a supply of Potassium and Magnesium.. Considering the mix is meant to be 'even' I think this will be one to experiment with on my plants when I get some better clones or seeds.. which should hopefully be soon, unless they all turn female, then Ill have to buy another light.

Now, I know for a fact I can increase the Nitrogen content in my feeding, because DutchFest lacks it, so please no one go use something else that is full of N and go melt your plants because of my research :D Anyway, Ill have to acquire some Nitrozyme and Calcium, I think the Calcium can be obtained through crushed rock, or Ill go check out the supermarket today.. they might sell it in powdered form. Ill take one plant aside and try this. In theory, this should increase cell structure, and assist with cell division, giving a tighter more compact bud. The nutes bought from the shop will depend on your system whether its recirculating or not, it will depend on how much you are willing to possibly fry your plants (Which they make it weaker because of this) and also, they need to allow for measurement error to some degree.

I think the best thing Is finding the best nutes for your system and increasing them to their maximum potency.. then start with other growth hormones lol Next on the agenda is liquid chlorophyll.. that will be interesting, as the photosynthesis make the chlorophyll and turns it into sugar for the plant to grow, but adding it to the top and underside of the foliage would possibly drastically increase the amount in the plant, and with the maximum amount of Calcium there, the plant will be go crazy.. can anyone verify any of this at all? Im still just reading about it, and im sure ill fry a few plants here and there, but ill try it on my plants, as they are just bagseed and arent growing any hairs and just little pods. .but its still too early to see if they are male (Or am I just in denial) I dont know ;)

Hey ya ,

Remember m8, just because you add more boosters and shit that you will not start gettin magical growth .

Youll get to the optimum levels and then growth will be limited to the amount of lighting, CO2 etc and some of the prices on these "additives"

are fukn insane.

Imo its not worth spending the money coz your half decent brand grow a @ b and bloom a @ b and maybe a veg and flower boost have everything plants need.

My plants are so lush and healthy that i find it impossible to believe that adding any additives will make any difference until i add more light , CO2 etc.

Anyway m8 just just think about ,hate to see ya waste money that could have been put toward more lighting or somthin. lol

Yea, im aware that it depends on other factors, but adding these additives might make a difference, and im bored as hell and have nothing other to do.. so if i can do it on the cheap side, these things like the chlorophyll cost $12 a bottle and you can end up drinking the stuff for personal health anyway if I want to :D

The 800w's of hps will be good for the size of the room i have 2.1x2m but some of that space will be set aside for cloning and walking around etc.. there is also a laundry sink in there too, which I can put some mother plants on or something, ill work it out. The room is completely sealed now, and everything is perfectly setup in there except the lighting.. now just need good plants ;) But these ones I have will do for testing all this stuff out first before I go buy anything.

Also, Im looking into some CO2 adding into the room.. the rest of the setup is perfect, hopefully the 2x 400w's HPS lights im going to stick in there heat it up a bit, as the temps are at 10-12C at night time here in the growing medium. I shoul.d have one of the 400w'ers posted out today, the next one in a week or two, depending on what happens with the sex of my plants. I might end up just buying some seeds, probably from www.planetskunk.com... im not sure yet as to how good the Nirvana range are, as I have bills to pay too and $50 for seed is still pushing it hehehe.. I only need one good plant lol

Cheers

Nath