fungas gnats-gnatrol

One of my plants is struggling due to what i believe is gnats.

The plants leaves are wilted like they have been over watered but only on certain areas of the plant (plants outdoors and about 7ft high), other areas look completely healthy, there is also some yellow blotch like stains on some of the wilted leaves and the middle fan leaves are yellowing and dying. I know a picture would help but i dont think that is possible unfortunately.

Ive laid out a few yellow sheet sticky traps and have caught what look like gnats to me so ive been to every bunnings around my area and none have eco-neem in stock, it seems everyone is after it lately.

So i figured i would order some gnatrol, but i dont know where from, is there any website within Australia that has it? or could someone please link me to an online store where they have purchased it before without any issues.

kind regards, wizz

make yourself some diy eco oil

spray on the plant paying attention to the underside of the leaves 

you can spray this on the plants everyday if you need to

Homemade Oil Spray

2 Cup (or 500ml) of vegetable oil
½ cup (or 125ml) of dishwashing liquid 
Blend thoroughly and put in a jar. 
Dilute one tablespoon of the concentrate into one litre of water before spraying.

If you do not want to make a huge batch....for every 4ml of oil, you need 1ml of dish soap

Luck

Edited by Matanuska Thunder

They are a bitch. Usually show up if your soil is too wet and not allowed to dry out. It's the larvae you need to kill as this will break the breeding cycle. I had it bad once. Had lots of attempts with neem soaks etc. slowed them down But the best results I found was by accident when my pot blew over and I lost the top inch or so of soil. Never came back. Moral of the story. The fuckers live in the top inch or so, if you can remove it safely you'll be ridding yourself of most if the population. You'll still need to kill the adults though.

Cheers guys, ive got the adults covered with the eco-oil but the real problem is the larvae, unfortunately my soil is constantly wet of late, im hoping i can get another week of hot weather to help dry it out and start killing them off. I cant  remover any soil unfortunately you would understand if you saw my guerrilla garden haha. 

Sand. Harhar. More a preventative, for after Matti's tonic :good:

20mm of washed sand in the bottom of ye pot and on top of ye medium. Lemon squeezey :) (if in pots outside that is wizzy?) All burnings have it, builders or horticultural grade works. wash it a few times before you use it as Ive found, out the bag it'll have a PH of about 4 and can upset the soil balance. Gnats can't burrow through sand, it's too sharp, killing them when they try and the same with the larvaea, they can't get to the surface ending the cycle. Cheap, lasts all season and can be reused ;-)

• Upvote 3

Sand. Harhar. More a preventative, for after Matti's tonic :good:

20mm of washed sand in the bottom of ye pot and on top of ye medium. Lemon squeezey :) (if in pots outside that is wizzy?) All burnings have it, builders or horticultural grade works. wash it a few times before you use it as Ive found, out the bag it'll have a PH of about 4 and can upset the soil balance. Gnats can't burrow through sand, it's too sharp, killing them when they try and the same with the larvaea, they can't get to the surface ending the cycle. Cheap, lasts all season and can be reused ;-)

its a 10-15 square metre garden unfortunately and a long walking distance cap... Really need some sort of insecticide