Rio Water Pumps

Pure

I bought a new one today and I'm pissed it isn't pumping water at all and it randomly goes on and off again while I am testing it ( I don't have a timer attached yet ) . whats more the instructions are little to zero help on trouble shooting the pump let allone simply putting it together, if they had not been such cheap asses buy sharing instruction pages with multiple models they could have put on decent instructions and diagrams I know it is all right so why the fook ain't it workin :angry:

think I'm gonna go get another one from bunnings at least I never had a problem with it and it was half the price

Edited by Pure

Guest blaze_dat_dank
hey dude, keep playing round with the proppellor shaft, pullin the sucker out and replacing in better position, they come kinda unstuck but ya gotta keep working on the cunts till magnets sticking good kinda thing, check out ebay for cheap pumps, but dont forget ya warranty on that one. Rio always been very good quality pump for me, are you possibly overworking too small sized pump too high?? shit happens but eh......

Yea Likewise, I have used Rios for ages and never had any problems.

I did have a pump ages ago that did the same thing, I got it working after a tip from a fish forum.

Turn it on and off about 5 times, but make sure its under the water ready to pump it. mine had an airbubble stopping it from turning.

Also how far are you trying to pump?? the pump could be too small?

What actual rio pump is it?? Im trying to find a new rio 600.

If your after a good website that can mail you some decent items then checkout-

Aquarium products, mail order or shop.

it's the rio 1100 think it is just faulty as I bought it brandnew yesterday ,the problem is the the motor only runs if I tap the pump on the side of the res but even then it doesn't pump out any water so I think something is misalined or not functioning properly

and I know it isn't my system because I was using a 55 liter tub I have to test the pump before I put it in to my system , the pump was 100% submerged and I just used the flow valve with no piping at all also tried it on differnt angles but still ZERO water got pumped out

No matter the guys at my hydro shop are good blokes and just said to bring it back to em .. I have just had the worste luck latley lol

Edited by Pure