Have a Q Regarding Digital Lighting

hey guys im a bit of a newb when it comes to "technology" i have only ever ran old technology magnetic ballast so i have a question, in my 1x1m tent i feel i need more light so i have the master plan of running a bigger light on my next run i was thinking of going with a magnetic 600w light but than i thought i should ask before hand, will i be better off going with a 400w digital ballast on super lumens, 600w magnetic light or even a 1000w digital nanolux light dimmed to 50% which will be 500watts of course

if i was to go the 1000w HPS dimmed at 50% does it put off much more heat than the 400w HPS?

i have never owned a digital dimmable ballast before and i have never even seen one running in person either so im a little unsure what to expect and cant afford a $400 fuck up or a fire at worse

cheers

If you look at output charts for different lights, you find that 600w has the best output per watt.

Super lumens flogs the globe and is used in the last 2 weeks or so to get more light when the globe is about to be thrown out.

Magnetic uses lots more power, digital is the way to go.

Good luck getting the right thing the first time. :greedy:

If you look at output charts for different lights, you find that 600w has the best output per watt.

Super lumens flogs the globe and is used in the last 2 weeks or so to get more light when the globe is about to be thrown out.

Magnetic uses lots more power, digital is the way to go.

Good luck getting the right thing the first time. :greedy:

thanks for the reply mate

i was looking on ebay for the new light and like the Nano ballast there within my budget, i reckon i can comfortably run a 600w in my tent no worries but i was wondering about the 1000w dimmed to 500watts i may need to google those outputs for this and the 600w

i went searching and i cant really find anything thats got me hooked, some say 10% some say 20% light increase but none of the digital are really worth it unless im planning on multipal lights for the low start up amp draw

that 10-20% more light is probably if i use super lumens as well so they are probably just as good as an old fashion magnetic ballast

No no no, you dont understand.

A magnetic ballast will draw say.. 800w and put out 600w light.

Digital will draw 650w from the power point and put out 600w light. And the bulb is supposed to last longer because of technical stuff i dont understand electricity real well.

Well thats what ive been told, so its not my personal experience just passed on knowledge.

You could ring a hydro shop, but they will want to sell you a digital and promote that.

i just came across a interesting Lumatek testing video on youtube a 600w ballast, 600w bulb, on the 400w setting Vs a 600w ballast, 400w bulb on the 400w setting

600w ballast, 600w bulb on 400w setting read 76,600 lumens

600w ballast, 400w bulb on 400w setting read 83,700 lumens

youtube title: Ballast Setting Lumen Output Test

i donno about this blokes testing method tho as a 400w is around 50,000 lumens?