Recommendations for HPS 250 & 600W kit + grow tent

Hi all, we're setting up some more LED vs. HPS experiments to identify better growth patterns with different LED spectrums blends and day/night periods. As such we're looking for some gear:

Grow tents 1x1x1m roughly

250W HPS & MH kit

600W HPS & MH kit

Who's got the best HPS systems these days, I've been looking at hortilux and growlush, but obviously there are hundreds of brands. What are people using most these days? I know the philips ones are great, but they're damn expensive.

Any recommendation for some super cheap tents? 

Hi all, we're setting up some more LED vs. HPS experiments to identify better growth patterns with different LED spectrums blends and day/night periods. As such we're looking for some gear:

Grow tents 1x1x1m roughly

250W HPS & MH kit

600W HPS & MH kit

Who's got the best HPS systems these days, I've been looking at hortilux and growlush, but obviously there are hundreds of brands. What are people using most these days? I know the philips ones are great, but they're damn expensive.

Any recommendation for some super cheap tents? 

the best and your looking at growlush? lol that brand is shit house all cheap shit... maybe im still bitter because they sold me a dud tent

Ablite was the best lighting gear and aussie made too i donno if there still around? second best is any australian made gear, you'll find australian made HID light gear is quality i favoured the Powerplant and Simple Grow's control gear had it delivered to me both there control gear came with safety fuses which i think is a quality touch above the rest especially these cheap chinese control boxes some are just fucking nasty not even a manufacturers name on the internal ballast (not the actual outer box) and paint peeling from it after a couple weeks

i really like Sunmaster,Luca Grow,Sylvania,Phillips are all top notch lamp brands they are probably double the price but worth every cent putting them up against LED's

how do u plan on growing? if your LED's are above the rest do 4-5 foot X-mass tree's that'll win people over if u succed

I ended up getting a couple of 1x1m grocel tents and a boring ol' growlush lighting kit. 600W MH/HPS + 65W of white LED flood lights, batwing reflector and magnetic ballast, will upgrade to digital on the next grow along with the philips lamps. So far we've just been doing side by side comparison tests and measuring temperatures, humidity, light patterns, stem lengths, leaf formation rates, general physical sizes. At the moment we're running cherry tomatoes and cucumbers in sets of 6. Using dominant blue light till around 1ft with our grow lights against 65W of 5000K LED flood lights. Then we'll switch to higher output 600W MH and full grow channel on our grow light (which is a mix of 2000K, 6500K CCT, IR, UV, 620-660nm and 420-460nm at a ratio of 75-25%. So far our grow light is winning, but there is a little bit of bias because of the mounting height and total power consumption, but ultimately thats the reason we're doing this so we can compare the different growth patterns.

so your growing tomatos to 1 foot tall under your LED light Vs a measly little 65w incorrect colour LED spotlight?

dude bung your LED light over seedlings along side the 600w MH and do the comparison from 5cm tall to harvest or it really isnt a grow off

its kind of like growing one plant in the shade and the other in full direct sunlight

so your growing tomatos to 1 foot tall under your LED light Vs a measly little 65w incorrect colour LED spotlight?

dude bung your LED light over seedlings along side the 600w MH and do the comparison from 5cm tall to harvest or it really isnt a grow off

its kind of like growing one plant in the shade and the other in full direct sunlight

Already the cucumber seedlings after planting yesterday are 6cm high in the 65W led (ie. not enough light), whilst under our grow light they're sitting at 3cm with leaves spread right out. The tomatoes are similar but around 2cm shorter in both instances and have had an extra 2 days light at 14 hours. So maybe I'll switch on Friday. The main idea of this is that with a controlled about of light and spectrums it'll not only grow better but will also have significantly reduced energy consumption. You're totally right though, its not really a proper comparison if I don't hit them both up at the same time, so thanks for the advice.

Already the cucumber seedlings after planting yesterday are 6cm high in the 65W led (ie. not enough light), whilst under our grow light they're sitting at 3cm with leaves spread right out. The tomatoes are similar but around 2cm shorter in both instances and have had an extra 2 days light at 14 hours. So maybe I'll switch on Friday. The main idea of this is that with a controlled about of light and spectrums it'll not only grow better but will also have significantly reduced energy consumption. You're totally right though, its not really a proper comparison if I don't hit them both up at the same time, so thanks for the advice.

when a seedling grows vertically fast its stretching from not enough light, when a seedling grows horizontal as in leaf width its getting the correct amount of light

I just hope you have the house insured for fire damage as you are going to buy growlush crap,Even after being told that they are crap.

Some people you just can not help.

Regards Dingo2008.

i cant believe they are still in business ay after all these years

• Upvote 1