Half Yellow Half Green Leaf?

It's a chimera gene. Plants that are cross bred get this. It's not a canna specific thing. I've had it before. Usually in early stages of veg. As I said earlier Google "Variegation" there's a tonne of information on it. In fact it's a bit of a welcoming trait to some ornamental growers. In my cases and if it is indeed the same thing it's nothing to worry about.

Nothing to do with nutrient burn.

I've experienced chimeras in budgies, in that case 2 zygotes fuse to create one bird that expresses both base colours (white base on one side and yellow base on the other).

Net pic for eg. post-20731-0-41732600-1423106759_thumb.jpg

AFAIK there are a number of ways the pigment can be blocked to produce variegation, but I don't think it's the same mechanism Frank or I am thinking of...