What Nutes to use?

Hi,

I am using a DWC setup....one 50L tub with 4 5inch pots inside and was wondering which nutes is best to use.

This is my first grow and i have no idea about nutes or anything like that.

I will be starting from clones (2/2) and they are;

Shiva Skunk

White Rhino

Any help is much appreciated.

Kelly.

Im going to make some DWC buckets today.. hoping I can find some Canna Aqua nutes for it.. that's what I'll be using. At the moment Im using DutchFest HydroGrow and its working wonders.. although I think it lacks a little Nitrogen, which I will use some Nitrozyme to compensate for that.

I don't think you need to use a specific dwc nute to get great results as the thing that is really important in dwc is oxygen, you should use something that can be recirculated though ( canna coco nutes are not suposed to be recycled for example ) where as there aqua and the other normal ones are :D

I have used canna coco since I started growing but from what I have read and seen lately I think it may just be priced more because it's canna not because it's better so I am going to possibly try something else next grow also gonna switch to a bubler system ;)

I will only be doing the one strain now, which is the Shiva Skunk.

no matter shiva skunk is a nice plant I have one in my Gr as well I think she is gonna stink in flower though she is alreay smelling a bit but it is only that "veg growing" smell not the pungent flowering smell so I still have time to finnish my filter :D

Kelly any mj hydro nute like canna or dutch master or whatever your hydro shop sells will do. Just remember that water cultures need a much lower concentration of nutes than medium based grows. If you mix nutes to instructions in a DWC you will burn your p[lants. Start off with 1/5 strength and work up to 1/3 strength through main part of grow is a good rule of thumb for DWC until you go through a bit of trial and error and figure out what works best for your plants.

good luck I hope it works out for you. :D

Kelly any mj hydro nute like canna or dutch master or whatever your hydro shop sells will do.  Just remember that water cultures need a much lower concentration of nutes than medium based grows.  If you mix nutes to instructions in a DWC you will burn your p[lants.  Start off with 1/5 strength and work up to 1/3 strength through main part of grow is a good rule of thumb for DWC until you go through a bit of trial and error and figure out what works best for your plants.

good luck I hope it works out for you. lol

i have been running dwc for a year and you can run any nutrient pref liquid based from the hydro shop at the strength recommend i should know cause im doing it here is my schedule

veg= canna veg a,b plus super thrive and silica all through veg state

then bloom= canna flores a, b with npk sulphate of potash silica rock and superthrive..

all at recommened strength i feed my lot today with more than the recommended dosage due to the faxct i had a slight yellowing around the bud leaf indecating to low a nut level but it was quikly fixed teaspoon pot ash and more nut but also silica is a amazing product along with superthrive.silica increases plants ability to uptake nutrients and resist fungal desease.super thrive provide hormones and vitmans and marco elements mimicing soil macro enviorment.silica increase stem thicknes by 25% silica is only 10 dollars to..but sometimes the best nutrients r the one the hydro guy makes onsite..if you add trace elements you r doing more than the average joe in here anyway..and run and airstone under each plant..and use a horse shoe ring that drips nutrients back down through the pot then u have virtually created an autopot like me..

Ive changed my nutes recently, from Dutchfest to Canna.. I am unhappy with the high amount of N in the Canna flores mix, I will changing to the Advanced Nutrients products. From now on I will use Advanced Nutrients exclusively, maybe some potash and silica from other places, but I will have to see. I have just changed to a semi-dwc setup too. Plants are still top fed, but in larger pots than normal DWC.