goin hydro

::D: hey ya everest , so your given hydro a go, give the transplants a good rinsing clean of as much soil as you can before introducing them to any hydro system soil can contain harmful organisms and bacteria, not a good thing with hydro better still take a few clones from a female or 2 if soil grown and get clones growing in hydro , alternitivly start some new seeds , im not trying to discourge you from transplanting a soil grown plant to hydro , it is just probably easier to start fresh even if it is from seeds, better to be clones , less chance even of bugs ect, if your hydro system is Indoors and under lights even worse, the choice is yours , i think other people will give you the same advice , maybe not what do you say fellow stoners ;) cheers

IMO the steps beifly go as follows

first take out the plant as you would normally to repot trying to damage as litttle of the roots as possible then gently shake allot of the loose dirt away from the dangling root mass .. onto the seccond part

get a bucket of ph adjusted water and put the roots into the bucket to wash away the remainer.

from there just repott into the perlite and give it a flush will look like shyt for 24 hours but they will bounce back :D

I just transplanted one of my plants from cocopeat/.perlite mix (roughly 75%/25%) and flushed the rockwool slab (7cm large) with ph adjusted water, and then replanted it into another pot with 100% Perlite (For testing purposes).. most of the cocopeat came off the roots (plants only 20cms tall) and ive put it back under the light under a constant dripper.

From now on ill use a 1.5cm rockwool cube only... the rockwool really slows down the root growth ive found. Also, the root system isnt as healthy as id like it to be... but that wasnt the best plant out of the four that I have, so Ill wait a few days and see what the perlite and constant water does. The water with such a large amount of rockwool in the pot might make it mouldy or overwatered, but i really doubt it.. but ill also be keeping a close eye on this.

I think if u bring in a plant and change from soil to hydro, it would probably be better doing this in the veg phase, as you can have 24 hours of light for a few days for stress from the transplant and possible root breakages (There definately will be some)