Regarding first grow and LED lights

I just ordered the same lamp, (Hydrostar 400).  I think it will be too small for your 1x1m tent to fill out properly, but you will get great flowers under the centre of it.  Test it out and if it works for you buy another one later.
Also get a 'energy cost meter' from hardware shop for under $25, and test your LED panel.  I got jipped on a very similar model running only at 100w instead of the advertised 185w (from a claimed 300w panel).

Got the 1 400w and there's two small unidentified random strains in there, ones growing a little more slender and one thats wide and a little bit more bushy.. and has red stems? The stems are a light red/purple colour, looks amazing. Just popped in seedlings of Northern lights x skunk and bubba kush as well! Going to need another light for that though :)

Love to see how this array works.

It should be rated at 200 watts as that is the power consumption.

Cannot deliver a 400 watt output..Why they rate it at 400 watts..who knows. Probably "equal to" or some vague unscientific notion!

I'd certainly be interested in an actual 400 watt unit to replace my 600watt hPS, but 200watts is not enough.

But very interested in how your light performs.

Could be great!!

All the very best too.

link me to one thats out of china and silent? the chinese are selling a big majority of the LED's on the aussie market

Well, imho almost all LED Lights are made in China. Even those from USA, Canada etc. The difference is not in the country of origin, but in the quality of manufacturing and used materials. Moreover, your statement was made in general as it seems to me :)

Here is a link, Sir.

Well, imho almost all LED Lights are made in China. Even those from USA, Canada etc. The difference is not in the country of origin, but in the quality of manufacturing and used materials. Moreover, your statement was made in general as it seems to me :)

Here is a link, Sir.

where is the bit about fan db readings?

ive pulled apart my LED lights and the fans used are double the power of a computers fan or any 80mm fan in genral found on the internet.. which in return makes a lot more noise

where is the bit about fan db readings?

ive pulled apart my LED lights and the fans used are double the power of a computers fan or any 80mm fan in genral found on the internet.. which in return makes a lot more noise

I didn't find it nether, Sir. So you only have my word. Honestly, i have never saw any information about noise level of fans in LED fixtures. You are the first who complains about this.

Generally, noise level produced by a fan doesn't relates to power draw (rpm) only, but also to a shape of fan blades and air flow channels in a fixture.

I didn't find it nether, Sir. So you only have my word. Honestly, i have never saw any information about noise level of fans in LED fixtures. You are the first who complains about this.

Generally, noise level produced by a fan doesn't relates to power draw (rpm) only, but also to a shape of fan blades and air flow channels in a fixture.

im not going to redirect you to another forum but there are heaps of people asking the fan db readings as they often buy and find out the LED light fans are far to loud, if u live in a free standing house i would run a whole room full of LED's and not worry about the sound but the cautious grower growing in certain locations must keep things on the stealth thats why we have a stealth room on this forum.