Regarding first grow and LED lights

im not going to redirect you to another forum but there are heaps of people asking the fan db readings as they often buy and find out the LED light fans are far to loud, if u live in a free standing house i would run a whole room full of LED's and not worry about the sound but the cautious grower growing in certain locations must keep things on the stealth thats why we have a stealth room on this forum.

what if I am not living in a house? :)

The LED light is NOT loud. It has 2 fan outlets on it. that you cannot hear unless you put your head inside the tent. The Exhaust fan system for any tent would be about five times louder than any lights..

My mars ii are pretty loud... i have a silenced extraction fan for my carbon filter and set at like 50% the mars ii are louder. But they run off 120mm replacable pc fans. Which i am planning to replace... though ive had them for a year and havent bothered yet...so yeah... but if u like it silent just replace the fans. Easy as.

My vote goes with the mars ii lights. I have 6 of them. 4x 900 w 1 x 700 and a refelctor series. Built tough. Work well. 900 version (450watts actual) covers 1m2 pretty good. Yield anything from 5-15 ounces.

Have seen your report, bro. Nice and tidy setup! I'm think mars constrained the full potential of your garden, brother.

Do you mean 5-15 ounces per 1m2?

Have seen your report, bro. Nice and tidy setup! I'm think mars constrained the full potential of your garden, brother.

Do you mean 5-15 ounces per 1m2?

I mean per plant, and each plant gets 1m2 so yeah. Its kinda hard to get a proper handle on what i got going on coz im ALWAYS changing shit... and im trying to get this perpetual thing going so i switched to coco for a bit and now ive decided i dont like coco so im switching back to rdwc with like 3 different rezs for 8 buckets, plus a big 200l chilled phd bucket with stainless immersion chillers and float valves to top up my rezs.

I should really get back on my journal... bit harder with perpetual though. Best ive done is 22 ounces off a northern lights x bug bud auto in dwc Under a mars ii 900, but it had 2 of them pointed at it for the last few weeks. I averaged the light daily over the whole grow and came up with like 0.8gpw.

To make it even more interesting i bought a 315 sun system cmh with phillips ballast and bulbs. Thinking about replacing all my leds with these. I'm all about reinventing the wheel.

When it comes to cheap china leds i rate the mars ii though. I dont regret buying them at all and i trust them and i know they grow decent buds, whenever i see someone talking about buying x led off ebay or whatever i always recommend to them the leds i know and trust.

I mean per plant, and each plant gets 1m2 so yeah. Its kinda hard to get a proper handle on what i got going on coz im ALWAYS changing shit... and im trying to get this perpetual thing going so i switched to coco for a bit and now ive decided i dont like coco so im switching back to rdwc with like 3 different rezs for 8 buckets, plus a big 200l chilled phd bucket with stainless immersion chillers and float valves to top up my rezs.

I should really get back on my journal... bit harder with perpetual though. Best ive done is 22 ounces off a northern lights x bug bud auto in dwc Under a mars ii 900, but it had 2 of them pointed at it for the last few weeks. I averaged the light daily over the whole grow and came up with like 0.8gpw.

To make it even more interesting i bought a 315 sun system cmh with phillips ballast and bulbs. Thinking about replacing all my leds with these. I'm all about reinventing the wheel.

When it comes to cheap china leds i rate the mars ii though. I dont regret buying them at all and i trust them and i know they grow decent buds, whenever i see someone talking about buying x led off ebay or whatever i always recommend to them the leds i know and trust.

Yeah. That's always like that. Moving all around.

360g/m2 is a decent average outcome, man. But I'm not sure i'll go for any mars, bro.

In my opinion, It's more consistent to talk about actual power draw of a led panel rather than converted light power. Moreover, a part of power draw is consumed by cooling fans.

Yeah. That's always like that. Moving all around.

360g/m2 is a decent average outcome, man. But I'm not sure i'll go for any mars, bro.

In my opinion, It's more consistent to talk about actual power draw of a led panel rather than converted light power. Moreover, a part of power draw is consumed by cooling fans.

They pull about 450 at the wall when i plug them into my meter thing. When talking power i always talk actual watts. Its an annoying industry standard that manufacturers just multiply the diodes and call that the units watts.

Also... im not trying to convince anyone to buy these mars ii units. Theres heaps of options out there a lot of them better. I hope like hell these new tech 315 lecs are as awesome as all the reports say they are. all i know is that when it comes to budget chinese LEDs these are the ones i have experience with and would recommend. There's hundreds of no name chinese leds on ebay and just as many bad experiences from people buying them. So if its cheap chinese leds you're after these ones work.

many ways to skin a cat... hell if i wasnt paying for my power id probably try 4x600w hps in my 2x2 flower tent... just to see how they used to grow weed in the olden days. lol

J/k dont hate.