• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Something has munched my plant

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4477 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

Found out something really cool this season, plant a cabbage in the middle of ur garden and it gets attacked and nothing else gets touched, pretty cool huh

then it becomes mulch or worm food to make castings which go's around the girls & cabbage next year 

that's what it should be all about J 

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Rhizo

Rhizo

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Lighting: 1 x 400W COOL DELUXE M.H. 2 x 600W SUNMASTER H.P.S.

Keep in mind that no matter what insecticide you use a good general rule to follow is to select a different pesticide after 3 applications. This prevents the bugs you're dealing with building up a resistance to the active ingredients. I'd use the pyrethrum myself. Not sure if white oil is needed in addition, thats usually when dealing with hard bodied insects like black scale. Good luck man. Keep use posted.

Seeing as though we're doing Apocalypse Now quotes;

"This is the way the fucking world ends, look at this fucking shit we're in, man.  Not with a bang, but with a whimper... and with a whimper I'm fucking splitting, Jack."

gallery_7627_1434_3080.png >>> BM-2cU9prT1uKm18eWES4F8CFxrbzCwNaaYgP

A3

Jagged

Jagged

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates

I had White fly, but they disappeared with the wind and the heat. Had Pyretheum planted but the white flies loved it lol.

Rhizo

Rhizo

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: 1 x 400W COOL DELUXE M.H. 2 x 600W SUNMASTER H.P.S.

I had White fly, but they disappeared with the wind and the heat. Had Pyretheum planted but the white flies loved it lol.

Funny shit. I've never been able to rid of white fly completely once they're here, just keep numbers under control. This years been alright so far.

I don't think growing it does much, as it's the seed casing that contains the pestcide pyrethrins. Only one variety is really viable as a source aswell.

Edited by Rhizo, 04 January 2015 - 05:19 PM.

wannagrowbuds

wannagrowbuds

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:None
That stuff you thought might be eggs is caterpillar shit. I was finding it in my buds on one plant and thought it was some random crap blowing in. A few days later I noticed a heap of leaves munched and found a huge fat green caterpillar. Mine are only a week or two from being done so I don't want to spray them, but I got rid of them on my chilli plants with Yates Success.

max_headroom

max_headroom

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 Posts:
  • Interests:RC Helicopters, Gaming, growin weed
  • Fav. Lighting: Big ball of fire in the heavens

Hi Wannagrow buds  I hear you about not spraying you soon to be finished plants. Mine still have a "few more" weeks to go yet so are able to stand it (I hope). I went to war last nite with the BT (Dipel) and I can not find any new munch sites today. 

Great movie couldn't quote from it though...except maybe..."I love the smell of napalm in the mornings" not even sure if that is the correct quote

The first battle commenced last nite with the caterpillars taking some major casualties, the second attack commenced on a different front at dawn today....the battle remains ongoing...

My Current Grow https://cannabis.com...py-trench-grow/

My 2014-2015 Grow https://cannabis.com...xs-skunky-grow/

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

max_headroom

max_headroom

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 Posts:

then it becomes mulch or worm food to make castings which go's around the girls & cabbage next year 

that's what it should be all about J 

I like it..thanks for the great info and I will be surely giving it try

ozzyoutdoors

ozzyoutdoors

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal

gee had trouble last year with one//similar looking hole and problem

white ants had attcked it.and were living inside.was late in the season and managed to get her to finish.def slowed her down but they did

max_headroom

max_headroom

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 Posts:

Its really weird damage when you look at it overall, its only on the branches/stems on the outer rim and only those that had been tied down always about 7-10cm from top. I have found about 8 or 9 parts that are affected I have only had to take out two tops so far. The rest are strong enough to hold up even with the damage with the exception of 1 which I have taped. These all seem perfectly healthy apart from the area that has been eaten. I have treated it with BT paying attention to the holes. I am still a bit puzzled at this stage but working on the assumption its some kind of slug or caterpillar hence the treatment with BT which is the fourth time so far this season and with each treatment less damage occurring. The caterpillar damage was never huge but I don't want to  have my plants continually topped. I have been thinking about this and what would make more sense is something that had to eat its way out after having been laid/injected their previously? Eats its way out and is gone or eats the BT treated plant and dies on exit? The holes are all the same shape main difference is size. When you look at the holes closely it looks like a space has been hollowed out to form a chamber because its very clean and I have not found a bug in any of the few I have had to split open. The chamber ends abruptly and appears to be like a wall The BT seems to have done the trick for the moment 

Attached File  2015-01-06 001 2015-01-03 003.JPG   50.92K   3 downloads

Attached File  001.JPG   90.41K   3 downloads Despite the fact it has been eaten it looks fine, there are no  eggs or other critters inside the holes. The holes stop abruptly, almost like they left in the middle of dinner, it looks like some kind of cocoon chamber to me but I know nothing about insects 

Attached File  002.JPG   72.15K   3 downloads Again a nice clean hole, plant is fine is currently strong enough to take the damage but may still end up splinting it.

Attached File  007.JPG   228.69K   3 downloads But still a happy plant

I have not found any new damage since the other day and I have been checking very regularly hoping to see what ever it is..nothing seems to be happening. I will also take the tape off the top that was originally showing signs of attack in another few days and see if this has helped or hindered the recovery. I may need to split the few that need it till they recover suff

Biggdogg

Biggdogg

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None

as a pestys son I can say pretty sure those aren't any kind of cocoon holes, but its possible something laid eggs in there, id keep a close eye on the holes, and even considering covering them, any hole is just an opening for other bugs to get in, and anything that may have been laid would likely die from suffocation if it needed an escape hole upon hatching.

Im not a qualified pesty, just worked with dad for years and years, so im no expert!

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.