Something has munched my plant

Keep in mind that no matter what insecticide you use a good general rule to follow is to select a different pesticide after 3 applications. This prevents the bugs you're dealing with building up a resistance to the active ingredients. I'd use the pyrethrum myself. Not sure if white oil is needed in addition, thats usually when dealing with hard bodied insects like black scale. Good luck man. Keep use posted.

Seeing as though we're doing Apocalypse Now quotes;

"This is the way the fucking world ends, look at this fucking shit we're in, man.  Not with a bang, but with a whimper... and with a whimper I'm fucking splitting, Jack."

I had White fly, but they disappeared with the wind and the heat. Had Pyretheum planted but the white flies loved it lol.

Funny shit. I've never been able to rid of white fly completely once they're here, just keep numbers under control. This years been alright so far.

I don't think growing it does much, as it's the seed casing that contains the pestcide pyrethrins. Only one variety is really viable as a source aswell.

Edited by Rhizo

That stuff you thought might be eggs is caterpillar shit. I was finding it in my buds on one plant and thought it was some random crap blowing in. A few days later I noticed a heap of leaves munched and found a huge fat green caterpillar. Mine are only a week or two from being done so I don't want to spray them, but I got rid of them on my chilli plants with Yates Success.

Hi Wannagrow buds  I hear you about not spraying you soon to be finished plants. Mine still have a "few more" weeks to go yet so are able to stand it (I hope). I went to war last nite with the BT (Dipel) and I can not find any new munch sites today. 

Great movie couldn't quote from it though...except maybe..."I love the smell of napalm in the mornings" not even sure if that is the correct quote

The first battle commenced last nite with the caterpillars taking some major casualties, the second attack commenced on a different front at dawn today....the battle remains ongoing...

Its really weird damage when you look at it overall, its only on the branches/stems on the outer rim and only those that had been tied down always about 7-10cm from top. I have found about 8 or 9 parts that are affected I have only had to take out two tops so far. The rest are strong enough to hold up even with the damage with the exception of 1 which I have taped. These all seem perfectly healthy apart from the area that has been eaten. I have treated it with BT paying attention to the holes. I am still a bit puzzled at this stage but working on the assumption its some kind of slug or caterpillar hence the treatment with BT which is the fourth time so far this season and with each treatment less damage occurring. The caterpillar damage was never huge but I don't want to  have my plants continually topped. I have been thinking about this and what would make more sense is something that had to eat its way out after having been laid/injected their previously? Eats its way out and is gone or eats the BT treated plant and dies on exit? The holes are all the same shape main difference is size. When you look at the holes closely it looks like a space has been hollowed out to form a chamber because its very clean and I have not found a bug in any of the few I have had to split open. The chamber ends abruptly and appears to be like a wall The BT seems to have done the trick for the moment 

post-52663-0-82700100-1420503836_thumb.jpg

post-52663-0-91899700-1420506796_thumb.jpg Despite the fact it has been eaten it looks fine, there are no  eggs or other critters inside the holes. The holes stop abruptly, almost like they left in the middle of dinner, it looks like some kind of cocoon chamber to me but I know nothing about insects 

post-52663-0-19214200-1420506817_thumb.jpg Again a nice clean hole, plant is fine is currently strong enough to take the damage but may still end up splinting it.

post-52663-0-98454700-1420506884_thumb.jpg But still a happy plant

I have not found any new damage since the other day and I have been checking very regularly hoping to see what ever it is..nothing seems to be happening. I will also take the tape off the top that was originally showing signs of attack in another few days and see if this has helped or hindered the recovery. I may need to split the few that need it till they recover suff

as a pestys son I can say pretty sure those aren't any kind of cocoon holes, but its possible something laid eggs in there, id keep a close eye on the holes, and even considering covering them, any hole is just an opening for other bugs to get in, and anything that may have been laid would likely die from suffocation if it needed an escape hole upon hatching.

Im not a qualified pesty, just worked with dad for years and years, so im no expert!