Brunning's coco coir bricks are great!

$14.95 for a 90L brick:

de0beb58-8ec7-43fc-b169-6609dbe508cf.jpg

-No added fert (preferable here)

-Has not been pre-buffed (so you may want to buff it with cal / mg or something, though probably unnecessary if you are using a complete fertiliser.)

-Takes about 15-30 to decompress, fast and easy process of spraying the brick with a hose, letting it soak for 1min and scrapping off an inch at a time, rinse, repeat.

-Cheap and takes up much less space.

:)

Personally I don't see much point in paying 5x as much for Canna or H&G, that money is way better spent on more lighting or some seeds.

Hope this might save y'all some money, don't be scared to try it and don't listen to hydro shop guys telling you to use their stuff - at the end of the day coconut fibre is coconut fibre, unlike with soil there's not a great deal of difference in quality between brands/types, etc.

Good stuff, although i personally found some batches to be incredibly fine grade to the point that it is simply unusable as a potting medium. I therefor always take check the pallets in bunnings if its too fine i come back in a few weeks or go to a diff bunnings. Otherwise i flush and buffer with cal/mag and iron works great 

Good stuff, although i personally found some batches to be incredibly fine grade to the point that it is simply unusable as a potting medium. I therefor always take check the pallets in bunnings if its too fine i come back in a few weeks or go to a diff bunnings. Otherwise i flush and buffer with cal/mag and iron works great 

Frank how do u add those to the medium? i was going to buy epsom salt today but thought i would just change the nutrients to what i know works but thinking about it i could have just done as u do

Frank how do u add those to the medium? i was going to buy epsom salt today but thought i would just change the nutrients to what i know works but thinking about it i could have just done as u do

I followed a recipe and made my own cal/mag product with calcium nitrate, mag nitrate and iron chelate, I just saok the coco after flushing in a solution of this at 1.4ec and phd over night

pegz is that bunnings block u posted the same as the brunnings 7-9L bricks? i need around 150 litres of coco in compressed form for easy of portability and stealth mode lol

if pegz aint around anyone else know?

i was going to change to nutrifield compressed 5kg blocks as they are already washed but i have two problems, it only makes 50L per block and it has calcium and mag added to the coco and im using dutch master advance which has added cal/mag and dont want to over do it (DM Advance says its not recommended to add extra cal/mag)

pegz is that bunnings block u posted the same as the brunnings 7-9L bricks? i need around 150 litres of coco in compressed form for easy of portability and stealth mode lol

if pegz aint around anyone else know?

i was going to change to nutrifield compressed 5kg blocks as they are already washed but i have two problems, it only makes 50L per block and it has calcium and mag added to the coco and im using dutch master advance which has added cal/mag and dont want to over do it (DM Advance says its not recommended to add extra cal/mag)

yes that is the same product as the smaller bricks (well it should be) the big bricks seem to need more prep than the smaller bricks but, yea, same