yellow/dry/brittle/crumble

:blink:

flushed them about 2 weeks ago.

water is at 6.5ph soil at 5.5ph

giving them a very weak amount of thrive wich has some decent nutriants in it.

i dont want to go pay $30 for a bottle of other stuff, cant afford it.

should the plants still be like this (dieing)?

the growth has slown right down too lol

post-24-1089365267_thumb.jpg

I have only used thrive a few times ever but never on mj once it burnt one of my cacti I never used it again I sugest you try something different or use an eve weaker amount

my plants where having a similar problem before I got nutrients for them but after I flushed them and snipped off the problem leafs they have bounced back very nicely

Edited by Pure

ok then, i have no idea how to raise the ph lvl of soil, i flushed the plants a while ago with 7.0 water.

reckon its too late to change to a coco mix? i heard that stuff keeps a solid ph level without to much effort.

buy a bag of good potting mix and repot it.

water is airated with a fishtank pump, ph adjusted.
are you over feeding the lady to much ? i dont add extra nutes to my soil grow till they are ready to flower.

i will use a half strength thrive if i repot . anyway a bag of premium potting mix is only a few bucks

Edited by greenacres

ok then, i have no idea how to raise the ph lvl of soil, i flushed the plants a while ago with 7.0 water.

reckon its too late to change to a coco mix? i heard that stuff keeps a solid ph level without to much effort.

not 100% true but it is a good medium

If you use coco though I sugest you put a percentage of perlite in to airate the soil a bit coco if not broken up properly clumps in together and can cause ph fluctuation issues thats what happened to me from what I coould tell

so if your gonna go for coco add some perlite in too I use a 70/30 mix

there are a fewthings that will raise a soils ph go have a look at the hardware store or look in the outdoor forms I'm sure there would be people who have listed their methods :blink:

Edited by Pure

Lime increases the PH of soil, dilute some in water and pour it on the soil, if you decide to re-pot there will be a fair amount of soil that would cause root damage to remove so if you want to try putting them in a hydro media then I would suggest perlite as I feel that would have the least problems with the soil in the mix and is an easy media to use.

:blink:

Have you heard of Manutec 2 part hydroponic nutrient(You can get from hardwares)?I have used b4 and had great results,Ive never liked thrive ive seen friends use it and Damage there plants(Over fert)As i dont think its for hydro,Give them a good flush with ph adjusted water and change nutes,If you cant,use thrive at 1/4 or 1/2 strenth until they pick up,Goodluck

thrive is ment to be used as a suppliment feed. manutec is intended as a hydro complete feed. if you use thrive as directed it will not cause probs.

no matter what the product if something goes wrong every one blames the nutes. i've found that 99% of the time its the user that causes the prob not the product