Mobile vertical scrog - an idea for small backyards

Pics of a mobile vertical scrog I did last year. 1 plant in a 50 litre tub trained flat against a 50mm square mesh screen. Its on castors and I just move it around to get the best sun and also hide it away if I need to. The screen is actually an old shop display thingy for hanging accessories on.

It didn't get as big as the 50l tub could have allowed due to it being repotted from a 25L tub late January just before flowering commenced. Ended up yielding 8oz dried and trimmed. Pics are at about 4 weeks flowering, it went to 10 weeks (early April) and had some nice chunky heads hanging off it but I must have deleted the pics :doh:  

post-15455-0-36123100-1417487732_thumb.jpg

post-15455-0-94397400-1417487856_thumb.jpg

post-15455-0-22703500-1417487972_thumb.jpg

post-15455-0-76189600-1417488099_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 6

That my friend is ingenious. Due to the shape and vertical scrog it also has an element of stealth to it. In that it doesn't look like your standard canna plant - well to the untrained eyes anyway.

Did you have to rotate it around much so each side got its share of sun?

I have a wall to my house that gets full morning sun. This has given me the idea to try my hand at a canna vertical garden next season.

Nice 1.

That my friend is ingenious. Due to the shape and vertical scrog it also has an element of stealth to it. In that it doesn't look like your standard canna plant - well to the untrained eyes anyway.

Did you have to rotate it around much so each side got its share of sun?

I have a wall to my house that gets full morning sun. This has given me the idea to try my hand at a canna vertical garden next season.

Nice 1.

Cheers for the reply guys, Yes MrCompletion I rotated it every few days but the way its facing it got sun on one side in the morning and on the other in the afternoon.Its very much the same as espaliering a fruit tree so a sunny wall would be perfect. This plant was grown normally (with one topping) until about 5 weeks before the pics, then repotted and the branches trained thru the screen for flowering. Its was pretty stealthy but there was no hiding the smell once it was in full flower, you could smell it as soon as you walked outside.