Later stert than Id like.

Apologies for the spelling, cant edit the title.

Hey bushies,guys and girls. The black ops team did a Novenmber run over my area last year and I lost everyrhing Id worked so hard for since June. Dina Fem Moby Dick (not a green house fan) going in mid Dec. Trying a wider dynametre and shallow holes, ph of 7. Expect another flyover in my erea mid jan when the piggys have filled there small minds and guts with ham, beer and cricket (yelling at the tv screen like a good Aussie does). Like most gang members they will spend xmas wirh there other pig mates because thay have no friends outside the gang. I honestly believe they where bullied at school and thought the uniform and comradarie would fix that but no.

My mate got done on location and said his treatment was horrific, Felt like he was treated like a terrorist.

Its hard to mantain a happy outlook but when my fingers get in that dirt and I take a break and catch animals with my camera at their work it reminds me why I do it. Got 2 more flyovers now until seasons end and Ive beat one already. Will post pics and regular updates. This ones for you will, I wont fail.

Thanks folks

Edited by tolly
  • Upvote 1

Well bit over a week sice popping my Dinafem Moby Dick beans. Had them in full sun and watered at days break and on dusk. Unfortunately something was hungry and only one plant is fully intact. Will be moving to the main growing area early and protecting with chicken wire.post-40413-0-59862900-1417520402_thumb.jpg post-40413-0-96420800-1417520546_thumb.jpgpost-40413-0-60366100-1417520675_thumb.jpgpost-40413-0-22459300-1417520773_thumb.jpg

Pic 4 the only one the critter didnt munch on!

Thanks Stix,

I paid top dollar for seed stock from dinafem and then it was end of the month and Im wating for payday but the beans popped in paper towel so quick and I had spare change left so bought the cheapest possible potting mix. Will try a really light dose of seasol as yellow leaves tells me lack of nitrogen yeah?

They are going in the ground in a few days and I didnt skimp on the contents of my holes. Would love to wait until they are 6 inches but no choice. Chicken wire will be my friend as will twice daily waterings, Will update pics when at spot and planted.

• Upvote 1

I'd watch the twice a day watering. Canna doesn't like wet feet. And if you're going into the ground watering is required a lot less than twice a day. Sit on on the dryer side of things. A lot of new growers water too much. Your plants will tell you when they are thirsty. The leaves are the window to their souls. There's lots of tricks out there but I wait til they are starting to wilt and then water. Or jam your finger in the ground if it comes out dry. It's time to water. Never had one complain yet!!!

Good growing fortunes. [emoji106]

Got an update on your grow Tolly?? Had a mate loose several seedlings last year feeding them Seasol too early so watch that. Get good mix to. I try & use decent potting mix to start my seedlings, then about the third node when I transplant & Top get some potting mix premixed with blood & bone. Works wonders. then ease in to the Fertilizer, increasing the dose a *#%@-hair every couple weeks. start light & see what your plant tells you.  Happy growing.