LED lighting grow?

Hi Fellow Aussies. First time poster here and was wondering if anyone here has tried or have any advice on panels purchased direct from China?

Has there been any posts referring to these lights and the quality of end product?

I have some input with respect to these panels but would like some input before I getting into my rant.

Hi Geoff, as Billygoat said I would also encourage you to do some research.

I will give you a bit of a heads up though.  It would appear that the cheap Chinese junk is not worth the cost of the packaging it comes in.  There are a couple of successful looking LED grows going on here at the moment, and I've seen others elsewhere, the common thread seems to be quality panels.  So look around, and ask about what brands etc people are using successfully.  It also sounds like the panels worth having are way more expensive than the ones you are asking about, or the crap on ebay.

i bought one years ago was advertised at something like 160w it only drew 90w from memory and was shit but that hasnt stopped me buying another one

whats your rant? im willing to read it, few LED grows on youtube but they dont show the start thru to end with updates but a season grower can actually pick out what has most likely been grown under LED's thru flowering

It seems there has been a huge advancement in the technology of LED lighting in the past 12 months. From what I have read it seems some of these panels from China are actually not as bad as they have been in the past.

There has been a few very nice LED grow diaries of YouTube using these panels and seeing them motivated me to give them a go.

I purchased 2 different 300 watt panels direct from China at a very minimal cost in compariso to the "branded" panels. They are 9 & 10 band full spectrum with IR. The first one I purchased stated 300 watt but upon testing was found to draw only 136 and seeing this would not be sufficient for my needs I added a second 300 to the room. This one was far superior to the previous, better construction, better cooling with heat sinks and 3 fans and pulling 174 from the wall. So these 2 panels combined would/should be adequate to fill my space.

Almost 10 weeks later all is going great, just gone to 12/12 and from 8 unknown origin beans I end up with 8 ladies! Sadly this is too many for my space so last night I cut one out for now (will be 1 or 2 more to go) and I prepped it as I have with my clones threw it in some rockwool with the hope of a healthy mother plant. I had to SCRoG the room and now need these lights to prove they can produce some nice fat healthy flowers for us.

Pics about 2 weeks ago

Edited by Oz_Cleric2

It seems there has been a huge advancement in the technology of LED lighting in the past 12 months. From what I have read it seems some of these panels from China are actually not as bad as they have been in the past.

There has been a few very nice LED grow diaries of YouTube using these panels and seeing them motivated me to give them a go.

I purchased 2 different 300 watt panels direct from China at a very minimal cost in compariso to the "branded" panels. They are 9 & 10 band full spectrum with IR. The first one I purchased stated 300 watt but upon testing was found to draw only 136 and seeing this would not be sufficient for my needs I added a second 300 to the room. This one was far superior to the previous, better construction, better cooling with heat sinks and 3 fans and pulling 174 from the wall. So these 2 panels combined would/should be adequate to fill my space.

Almost 10 weeks later all is going great, just gone to 12/12 and from 8 unknown origin beans I end up with 8 ladies! Sadly this is too many for my space so last night I cut one out for now (will be 1 or 2 more to go) and I prepped it as I have with my clones threw it in some rockwool with the hope of a healthy mother plant. I had to SCRoG the room and now need these lights to prove they can produce some nice fat healthy flowers for us.

Pics about 2 weeks ago

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1414108554.580519.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1414108572.099168.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1414108610.626712.jpg

cant see your pics mate upload them to OSA not a 3rd party site

• Upvote 1

Try again ....http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/26/c667c11af51b5daf1e28f4ca2bbf7fa5.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/26/ff666fc90e0b18aa7a2891826a920d7b.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/26/c3d9ef04d3267096837d3bae98e6d7a0.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/26/20c9e3a4f0a03b452ea257648418c240.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/26/64e0878ea265b2e76c2fd4e82e28a405.jpg