is this normal

Just turned my lights back to 12 on 12off .iv flushed and added my new nutrients , which I was advised to have my bloom mix .ppm 700.(ECx700).At 1680ppm, I did this & give my babies a drink & after the water ran back to the tank it measured 1120ppm (ph6) ,were they hungry & do I just top up with nutrients . seems to be a lot of nutrients ?

What is your system? Run to waste, recirc, handwatering? What is your medium? Coco, perlite, soil or a mix? And what is your feed cycle? how often in 24hrs?

Bit hard to give ya a guesstimation with out all the relevant info.

Personally, for my setup 1680ppm would be too high. And the return ppm would depend on how often you are feeding. I feed hourly and therefore my levels are a bit more stable.

So a bit more info would help.

Merl1n

Sorry about lack off info.2 600W HID , 2 ,20liter pots , recirc , in coco . lights r on 12 on 12off I water every 4-5 hrs for 15 minutes & wen the lights r off they get 10mins wen they r off .I checked my nutrients this morning & there was only a small drop .Bit clueless first indoor grow , thanks heaps for your help

Sorry about lack off info.2 600W HID , 2 ,20liter pots , recirc , in coco . lights r on 12 on 12off I water every 4-5 hrs for 15 minutes & wen the lights r off they get 10mins wen they r off .I checked my nutrients this morning & there was only a small drop .Bit clueless first indoor grow , thanks heaps for your help

I also grow under 600w and in coco/perlite  in 9L buckets

I water every five to seven days,

theoretically you should be watering about as often, maybe less

You've mixed up two types of growing 

Coco holds heaps of liquid, you are creating a perfect environment for Fungus gnats, because you're not letting it dry out.

The choice of coco is a great one for first time growers because it is /can be forgiving (as you are finding out)

have a look around here for coco grows to see what other people are doing.

here is my current grow

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/67020-indoor-perpetual-mixed-seed-grow/

later

Recirc coco? Hmmm, interesting. Frank is very correct about using coco in recirc, it can be difficult to manage.

I run recirc but in perlite and (once the perlite has been washed) it is very easy/simple to use. Where coco is a natural fibre and breaks down somewhat as it is being used resulting in altering pH/nute levels and tiny bits being returned to your heart and recirculated this can block feedlines . With Run to waste systems those little bits don't get recirculated.

There will be others here you have a much better experience with coco than me. But again in perlite I flush fortnightly and water 15min/hr, but if you do this in coco it will be too wet, invite bugs/infections, so others will have advise.

EDIT: if as Nay is saying you have an error in your calculations for you ec/ppm conversion, then 1200 would be about right IMO.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n

Hi , iv made some changes I don't recirculate any more Iv been dumping my nutrients for the last 3 weeks, it makes it a lot easier & iv cut my water to 4 mins a day 1in the morning just before lights go off , 2 mins just after the lights turned on & 1 minute halfway though the 12 hour lights on cycle and I flush once a week.they are in there 5 week flower

They seem to be doing well but one is a lot bigger than the other one and the bigger 1 is a deeper green maybe still to much water

Just flushed and I measured my runoff and the nutrient measurement was very high1680ppm & ph was 5 .is this because I'm watering to much my nutrient in my holding tank is ok ,1400-1500 ppm &ph is6-5

Edited by crewzennow