Cloning Pros and Cons

Hi All,

Well after my last 100% male grow I've finally managed to grow some Bronzewhaler F3 females :P I'm now ready to take some clones but I'm confused on what method to use;

1) Take clones now and keep them alive in a cloning chamber until the current females finish.

2) Keep a plant as a mother plant, reveg it, then take clones.

3) Wait until a few weeks before harvest then take clones and keep them alive in a cloning chamber.

Naturally, I would prefer to harvest sooner rather than later so I would choose option 3. If anyone has any better ideas or can tell me the pros and cons of each option it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps,

dwyndorf

Edited by dwyndorf

It can pure, it just depends a lot on the genes of the plants, and it takes a lot longer to get them to the same stage as a vegetative clone. :o

You could also take some clones early dwyndorf, grow these on to become mothers, and then clone a couple of weeks prior to the harvest of the next batch. That way you wouldn't be straining to keep the clones small for the 2 months or so of flowering, and you can take as many as you want! Mothers can be kept fairly small in a small pot and these can become a propogative base for future generations, which you'd just replace every now and again with a clone of itself if it got too hoary and chunky in growth form. :P Think of it as an annual bonsai. :P

Hope that helps.

Thanks Luke, unfortunately my plants are already showing female preflowers so I'm going to have to take my chances and take clones now.

I've got an aero kit with humidome which I've never used before :P Should I put the clones straight into the aero kit or wait until they're rooted first? I've also got a heat mat which I use for seedings, is that any use for clones?

Thanks again,

dwyndorf

hey bro

try to take some clones now practice makes perfect while you are only into the first few weeks of flore- and make yourself a mother plant.

At least with a mother plant you can takes lots of clones and you will have some rooted ones for your next crop. - better to have to many and give some away then not enough.

Its alot easier to take clones when plant is still in veggie growth but you still can take clones in flore buts its a lot harder.

Jack