I have soaked some seeds from my outdoor strains,Indica and Sativa, overnight in filtered water over night,then placed them on moist/wet paper towels in jars with glad wrap over the top.

I have then put them in my "terrarrium" (fish-tank),under 18/6 fluoro light cycle and they have sprouted REAL quick !

Is this good ??? :P

I am trying to get a head start on next years out-door grow and am trying to get some plants up ready for planting at the end of August.

I was just wondering if the germination rate has any bearing on the final product.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated

Cheers. :o

Yeah, seeds can pop anything from 12-24 hours up to 2 or more weeks sometimes, depending on conditions, strain, etc... Whether or not a particular strains germination rate/speed has anything to do with the end product beyond providing the optimum conditions that all seeds need to grow well, I suppose that's debateable... But yeah, if they pop up quickly and are healthy, I suppose you could say you're more likely to get a better harvest than if you grow from seedlings which are runty and slow to germ... but once again, strain and environmental conditions come into it more IMHO.

So yeah, just look after em, keep em happy and grow them well, and you'll do well. :P