Moving To Perth - Looking for help and advice

Cheeze_Detector

Question

Good day fellow OZ Stoners.

I just discovered this community. I will be moving to perth in January 2015. I lived in Wollongong back in 1989 for a year. After that I lived in Canada for 13 years. I have several close Australian friends who live in Canada and a few in Perth.

My best friend moved to Perth a month ago and she has a close family member that requires medicinal edibles and/or Cannabutter.

She has zero experience with this culture and I am eager to help her out.

Problem is that I can't visit her for four months and am looking for a kind enough member to ask for some tips.

Cheers Stoners

Would really appreciate some help

9 answers to this question

Hi Cheeze_Detector,think your best bet for your best friend is to order some cannabis seed from over sea's,or better still you could just send her some seed's so she can grow a few   nice plants indoor's or outside,But it would be a lot safer to grow indoor's in Perth because there is always some one looking over your fence an ready to rip you plants off.

There is plenty of info on growing cannabis plants indoor here on this great site an 99% of the members here would be more than willing to help your friend up with info that is what this site is all about,Helping each other out with info an it's all free the info anthat way she will get to meet other crew eg=members here in Western Australia.

We are a friendly lot here in the west an the same with all the member's here on this site from the other states here in Australia.

As  Naycha said before we cant do hook  up here on this site it is against the law here in Australia to do that.

Your friend will find it very easy to grow pot here in the west we have a very good climate here in Western Australia,But some time in summer it get's a bit hot as she will find out in the next few months.

But you cant go wrong meeting a few crew at the hotels here,lots of crew smoke pot here  on the west.There is plenty of hydroponic grow shops in  Perth an the    suburbs,Tell her to check out the Perth phone book under the letter {H } For hydroponic shops an she will find that all the shop assistance are cool about growing pot or tomatoes lol.she can buy every thing she will need to get a grow under way ,It is legal to buy all hydroponic gear here in the west no question asked.

An the crew from western Australia here on this site will point her in the rite direction to good reliable hydroponic shops to buy her gear.Like all states there is good an bad rip off hydro shops.

An there is some good hydroponic shops that are online shops with very good prices that are site sponsors here an 1 very good one is called Glandore Hydroponics they are in south Australia,And are very good to deal with an the freight prices are quite cheap as well plus you will get a good discount from them if you tell them that you are a member from Ozstoners.

You we find that here prices will be a lot cheaper than Perth prices even will freight added on to the prices you cant go wrong buying from them,Plus they are very good with any warrantry claims    an do not mess you around with warranty claims.

As I deal with them most of the time to buy my hydroponic gear.

I hope this has helped you up in some way an I have not bored you to much with the info.

But like I said before all you or you lady friend has to do is just ask or do a post asking for help an you will have plenty of replies in no time at all.

All the best to you an your lady friend.

Regards,Dingo-2008.

Hey Dingo

I appreciate your generosity with the info. It was really helpful specially coming from somebody who knows whats up in Perth.

My friend has never consumed and neither has her older brother. Its just never been on their spectrum; they've lived very sheltered lives. They are not the sort of people who could do something risky and technical such as growing. 

Last night she phoned and said that her Aunt was diagnosed with cancer while going through the ugly part of divorce. I told her about "this herbal medicine" which works magic for cancer patients specially going through Chemotherapy which her aunt hasn't started yet. Also I thought that the medicine would help alleviate the stress of divorce proceedings and what not. 

My friend arrived in Perth a month ago and besides her aunts family and her brother doesn't know anybody. I had no clue what the legality, market and availability is like in Perth and found this site via google.

Im kinda stressed for not being able to have the access, ease and pricing and loose law we have here in Canada. But the forum is fantastic and Im hoping to meet some interesting stoners once I get there. Everybody I've chatted with on this forum was very kind as you said and I'm not looking for a hookup; Just wanted to see if she could get her aunt government sponsored medical Cannabis like we get here in Canada or to find out what the deal is for buying in WA.

Unfortunately I have arrived at a dead end and don't think there is much I can do beside start looking for contacts when I move to Perth in January; and it will be a while before I could start growing myself when I arrive. Im hoping that she might meet people who could help her out but I'd say that's close to impossible.

Once again I appreciate your reply and am glad to have found this community. Stoners are awesome no matter where I go in the world. All the info you provided I will need once I get settled in Perth.

Just one more question:

What should she be asking for ? What are the most common street terms for Cannabutter, edibles and buds in Western Australia ?

Regards

Cheeze

Very doubtful you will find butter or edibles for sale here. Even the commercial buds are pretty badly grown, see this thread - https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/27270-WTF-are-they-contaminating-our-buds-with-....&do=findComment&comment=437689

You can get much better quality and variety on the dark web and get it posted to your door no problem from within Australia so there is no problem with it being caught.

Edited by wannagrowbuds

Very doubtful you will find butter or edibles for sale here. Even the commercial buds are pretty badly grown, see this thread - https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/27270-WTF-are-they-contaminating-our-buds-with-....&do=findComment&comment=437689

You can get much better quality and variety on the dark web and get it posted to your door no problem from within Australia so there is no problem with it being caught.

Thanks man I will look into this. Cheers