dwc air pump on 24/7 ?

something to consider-

A hydro shop guy told me that air pumps are useless in a bubbler but better than nothing.

He said to use a powerhead as you apparently get more oxygen in the water compared to the Air stone, the oxygen comes from the surface movement of the water.

maybe like the ocean doesnt have air stones in it but it gets oxygen from the waves?? lol

Sorta. Airpumps are certainly fine for running bubblers, but the way I figured it when I grew in them, was that you wanted a strong enough bubbling force to create bubbles breaking all over the surface. When these pass through the water, they oxygenate the water, and they also spray a fine mist of moisture into the atmostphere of the bubblers under lid area, ideal for growing. :P

You can use powerheads, these are often used for oxygenating ponds for fish, but IMHO I'd say the airpumps and airstones would be the best bet.

Oh, and keep em running 24 hours a day. :o

k thanks alot peoples, gonna start running it 24/7 i guess, i find as long as the water level is right the bubbles will burst and and splash up lil under the lid aswel as the pots/roots does a great job, bubbles for life haha, i will look into powerheads later on in life i suppose im happy with the current set up for this grow atleast, might try one in a clone dome or something mini bubbler for cloneing. gonna make one later on probly for next grow,