Why is my pH dropping in bubblers?

hello

i was hoping someone might be able to tell me why my pH keeps dropping in my bubblers...

im new to bubblers and was expecting the pH to drift upwards, not down.

im using 2 plant bubblers, 60L in size with no control res.

for nutes im using Advanced Hydroponics of Holland, Cannazym, and Rhizotonic.

i set the initial pH to 6.0 and within 2 days its dropped to 5.5.

my plants are 4 weeks in to veg and im about to switch them to flowering, and they are healthy enough, but this pH dropping has me confused.

help!! :D

thanks

mu

Edited by MentallyUnstable

;) hey ya mate dont be to worried about the PH drift it is usual for system using water ie Hydro , N.F.T. systems ,Bubblers as well ,usual ph range is 5.5 to 6.2 this is a normal range and with basic care and replacment of nutrient on a regular interval say ea7 days also you could add rainwater only as tap or bore water is nortorius for ph drift , also there are different buffers availabe to minimise ph drift some are chemical some are organic most would be suitable , Dont think the fault is yours or the nutrients if using a couple of different products togetther this can lead to probs ie in most hydro systems the addition of a small cap of Fish emulsion can lift 40 litres of nutrient from 5.5 to 6.5 or higher easy does it cheers :P tassie devil : :D

if left, my pH continues to drop as ive discovered tonight

one of my bubblers had dropped to 4.8, another to 5.0, the other 2 bubblers were around 5.5.

all bubblers were set to 6.0 yesterday morning...

my pH meter is definitely calibrated, as ive rechecked it tonight to be sure.

ive just bumped the pH back up to 6.0...

whats going on? im stumped.

is it really because Adv Hydroponics of Holland Nutes are acidic???

cheers

i was advised by a shop owner to put the water in a tank for 24 hrs(chlorine) , then add the n00ts , then a few hours later check the ph and adjust then.

he told me that water authoritys around australia are adding some thing that stops the sludge built up in their pumps due to the fact that alot of our resevoirs are so low

dunno if this helps , but i used to ph adjust the water 1st , then add n00ts 2nd and found that it changed if i did it that way

Yo bro,

just do a bit of d work -

first do a water change and stop using the rhizo

if this fixes your problem then that is the cause

if not - do a water change and stop using rhizo and zym

if this fixes your problem then that is the cause.

and lastly if that does not work try using all canna products - ie AB grow/bloom with the canna zym and canna rhizo.

Some different products dont like mixing very well.

Ive found if you keep using the same brand for all your nutrients and additives they seam to buffer much better together.

Hope this helps, Jack

Could also be root rot. I pulled some males once from the same pot as a good female and; as the roots decompose my ph fell into the 4 range. I used h202 and silicone and my female came out nice. Also; a ph of 6 is a bit high. Try to keep it between 5.3 and 5.5 for maximum uptake.